I Don't Even Know Your Name: 'Cause I'm Running (I'm Running, I'm Running)

Junhui sat down on the chair he last saw the stranger at, hoping to atleast feel their warmth before that disappeared too.

He hated himself for stalling. Every second that he wasted by standing there and staring costed Junhui the chance to meet the person he is undoubtedly convinced to be his soulmate. He recalled the tingles he felt in his fingertips, and the sparks flying everywhere when his eyes locked on the pretty stranger.

Yeah, they were definitely soulmates.

Sighing in frustration at himself and the whole situation, Junhui crossed his arms on the table and rested his head on them. He could already forsee a lot of upcoming sleepless nights and he's pretty sure the stranger would still be on his mind even during classes. He's certain that person would cause Junhui's grades to drop rock bottom.

Just then, Junhui noticed something under the table.

The item had a black cover that seemed to have a chalkboard texture, and a white metal spring at the side to keep the papers bound.

Junhui hesitantly picked it up from the ground, carefully brushing off the dust as to not erase the chalk writing on the cover. The writing was a simple signature, written on the right bottom corner of the notebook. Junhui didn't recognize the signature, so it crossed his mind to snoop a little bit inside.

"I'll just check what's inside to know whose it is. No biggie." Junhui muttered to himself, seemingly trying to convince the angel on his shoulder that he's not doing anything wrong.

He gently flipped the pages filled with sketches. The medium varied from pencils to charcoal to watercolor, and Junhui was more and more amazed with every page. Each stroke combined together perfectly to create a beautiful sketch that held the artist's emotions.

And then he finally saw it. At the last page of the notebook was a somehwhat rushed pencil sketch of a boy, wearing a loose white button-up paired with skinny black slacks. He was leaning on a lamp post with a phone in his hand. The boy's hair blocked his face, but Junhui knew exactly who he was.

It was a sketch of himself this morning, while he was waiting for his friends at their agreed meeting place.

Junhui couldn't believe what he was seeing. The pretty stranger saw him first, and seems to be interested in Junhui just as much as Junhui was interested in them. There was still some hope left, after all.

Unless Junhui was just being completely delusional, and the notebook doesn't really belong to his crush-at-first-sight. But he decided to take the risk of embarrassing himself nonetheless.

This time, Junhui didn't waste time pondering over what his next course of action would be. He didn't want to make the same mistake twice, so he instantly bolted up from his seat and ran. He ran as fast as his legs could handle. His eyes scanned the streets, the store fronts, looking for a glimpse of a familiar black hat.

Junhui was determined to find them, and he wasn't going to stop until he was holding them in his arms.

"I might have dropped it somewhere." Junhui's ears perked up at the sound of a familiar voice, the exact same voice he heard laughing cheerfully just a few minutes ago.

He eagerly followed the voice and there they were, still in their breathtakingly gorgeous outfit. Junhui felt nervous and starstruck all over again.

The pretty stranger strayed away from the group of friends, seemingly busy looking for something on the ground. Junhui took his chance and gingerly stepped infront of them, his heart hammering inside his ribcage.

"Excuse me, I think I have what you're looking for." Junhui said with feigned confidence, catching the artist's attention. Looking straight into their eyes like this, Junhui thought he might actually fall onto his knees to worship the beauty infront of him.

"You do?" The stranger asked with pink cheeks. They were fiddling with the neckline of their vest nervously, as if they wished for it to be a little higher and cover the exposed skin of their chest. "How?"

Junhui handed him the notebook with slightly shaking hands. "I walked past a cafe earlier and saw this on the ground." He purposefully left out the part where he stood in the middle of the street for ages to creepily stare at the pretty artist. "I heard you looking for something and figured it was yours."

"Well, uh, thanks. I thought I lost it forever." The stranger smiled, and Junhui almost cooed out loud at how cute they were. Their cheeks were rosy and they had an absolutely adorable eyesmile.

"No problem."

"I'm uh, Minghao."

Junhui didn't expect them to introduce first, but he definitely wasn't complaining. "I'm Junhui. Nice to meet you."

"Yo, Hao! You coming or not? We're gonna leave your flat ass if you don't come here right now." One of Minghao's friends hollered from a few miles away with a voice deeper than the mariana trench. Ironically enough, the person was wearing complete drag, their outfit going against their voice.

Minghao looked back at their friend and gestured something Junhui didn't understand, but found cute. When they turned to Junhui again, their face was flushed pink. From the corner of his eye, he could see Minghao's friend humping the air in front of them while wiggling their eyebrows.

"So uh, I gotta go. Nice meeting you, Junhui!" Minghao spoke hastily and ran away. Junhui's heart almost broke all over again, the mere thought of losing the pretty artist once more was too much for him to handle.

Luckily, Minghao came back, breathing heavily with a marker in hand. They took Junhui's arm and wrote a sequence of numbers on his skin.

Seemingly satisfied with their writing, Minghao kissed Junhui softly on the lips before running away for good.

Not only did Junhui get the pretty artist's number, but he also finally knew his name.