Abduction

I sighed as I stared at my screen. My latest book was done, and I hadn't found inspiration for a new one yet.

On a good note, Tae and I had been texting for about a month now, and he was sweeter every time. We'd even called a couple of times to talk, making me thank the dear Lord above that I'd decided to learn Korean. Tae was trying to learn more English too, so that I didn't always have to use Korean. I told him he didn't have to do it just for me, but he insisted, saying he should to be able to talk to more of the international ARMY as well.

As though my thoughts had summoned him, the special notification sound I'd set for his number went off.

I smiled and opened the text.

My Soulmate:

Y/NNNN, I can't sleep.

Y/N:

Aww, poor Taetae. Can I help?

My Soulmate:

Could you sing to me? I think it's because I miss your voice so much.

I smiled. How could a girl say no to that? I wasn't exactly cold hearted.

I called his number and bit my lip, hoping I wasn't waking anyone else up.

*click*

"Hey, Y/N! Thank you for calling me..."

I frowned when I heard the sniffles on the other end of the line.

"Taetae, are you okay?"

There was a pause.

"No. I really wish I could meet you is all. I mean, I know that technically we already did, but I feel so bad that I don't really remember it and I wish I could just reach through the phone and give you a hug right now." He confessed in a rush.

My heart melted.

"Aw, it's okay, Tae."

"No it isn't!" He insisted, the sniffing growing louder. "I'd wanted to meet my soulmate for so long, and now I don't even remember it very well. I wish I could remember the first time I saw you. I want to treasure the memory as much as you do!"

I waited for a moment for him to calm down.

"Tae, how about when we meet again, we re-enact the whole thing? I can tell you what we said and did and all, and we can build the memory all over again?"

Another pause.

"Do you really think we could?" He sounded so hopeful.

"Of course Tae. For now though, you need to get some sleep. Do you still want me to sing to you?"

"Yes please."

I smiled and sang a lullaby that I had always loved. By the time it was over, his sniffles had died away, and all I could hear was his steady breathing.

"Goodnight Tae." I whispered. When there was no reply, I hung up.

See? Adorable little fluffball. My poor boy, I could only imagine what it would be like if I couldn't remember when we'd first met. Like, what if we'd met at the supermarket? (I met a person once that had "Can you help me find the baking soda" as their soulmate mark.) But what if it's been something like that and he'd been the one to get in contact and I couldn't remember? I'd probably be the one sniffling right now.

Suddenly my stomach growled, pulling me from my musings.

Feeling to lazy to cook, I decide to head to the nearest fast-food place.

*Time Skip brought to you by Tae's lines in Cypher*

I sat on a bench and munched my burger, savoring the greasy, high calorie heaven.

Bliss.

A sigh escaped me as I popped a fry into my mouth. If my books kept selling well, I'd do this more often.

That was my last thought before a heavy impact to the back of my head caused me to black out.

*Time Skip brought to you by the number of songs RM has written*

I had no idea how long I'd been out for, but man was I stiff. Attempting to stretch, I discovered that duck tape on my wrists and ankles hurt worse than I'd ever imagined it could.

It hurts even worse when it's on your face too.

I sighed and slumped back down. I didn't have a blindfold, so apparently it was just dark in here. Wherever "here" was.

Why would somebody want to kidnap me?

The list was not pretty.

My eyes adjusted to the dimness quickly, identifying a sliver of light coming through what was most likely the bottom of the door.

Quietly, I inched closer to it and listened.

"...make us a pretty penny."

"Yeah, his company can't risk the fans finding out about it, and we've both seen their messages. He obviously adores her and will be willing..."

I wriggled back until I hoped I was close enough to where I'd been before. I'd heard enough.

They obviously wanted ransom money, but I didn't need to know what they planned to do with me if they didn't get it.

I didn't want to either.

Hello again, readers! Sorry it's been so long since I updated, I've had a bit of writer's block. Enjoy!!!