To Go, Or Not to Go?

I tilted my head away to hide my pout even as a blush spread across my cheeks.

Tae sighed.

"Yes?" There was a definite note of irritation in his voice.

"Just saying goodnight, lovebirds. Remember there are others in this dorm please!" Hobi's teasing voice drifted through the closed door.

Tae's face went red, and mine went from a gentle warmth to a raging inferno.

"Yah! Hyung!"

"Goodnight!" I heard Hobi scurrying away from the door, and if I hadn't been so embarrassed I would have laughed.

Instead, I tried to stand up.

Key word, tried. Tae pulled me back into his lap and hid his face against my neck.

"Can we... Maybe..." His voice trailed off, but his arms were tight around me.

I returned his hug, despite my intensifying blush.

"Yeah. It's ok."

Eventually we did get ready for bed, but because of our embarrassment we kind of avoided each other.

It couldn't last though, since we were sharing his bed. I couldn't help but worry that it would be awkward.

I finished brushing my teeth and found Tae sitting in the edge of the bed. He was so... Cute? Handsome? Somehow neither adjective quite fit him right then. Whatever it was though, it made my heart feel weird. Not a flutter, not a squeeze of emotion. I couldn't figure it out, but I didn't want to either. It just felt right, somehow, and I was scared that I would ruin it if I looked to closely.

Tae looked up at me and smiled. "I was waiting for you."

Whatever the feeling was from before melted, and I realized it was just... content. I had everything I could possibly want or need now that I'd found my soulmate. Now that I'd found Tae.

That content was now a warmth that seeped through every part of me, and I found myself smiling as I went to sit next to him, but he pulled me into his lap.

My face was red, I knew it was, but I smiled when I noticed that his cheeks were pink too.

I relaxed without even trying, resting my head against his shoulder and tucking my feet up under me.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

As I lifted my head to look at him, he caught my cheek in his hand and gently held me in place as his lips connected to mine.

He kissed me gently, working his lips against mine firmly, yet his touch was soft and light.

So soft...

I found myself kissing back, hesitant, but certain.

When he pulled back, my eyes fluttered open and I smiled, just a small one.

A big smile wasn't the mood at all.

Tae rested our foreheads together for a minute, then smiled back.

"Let's get some sleep."

"Yeah..."

If the look in his eyes was any indicator, he was feeling the same contentment I was.

As we drifted off to sleep, Tae unashamedly substituted me for his usual pillow, and I couldn't help thinking that I wouldn't mind being his cuddle partner all the time...