2-Broken Heroes

Chapter 2

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the last chapter,sorry it was short. This chapter won't be much longer but it will be more detailed. Hope you enjoy it. As a reminder, I do not own any of the characters, they all belong to Rick Riordan. Lot's of Percabeth in this chapter. (kind of) Enjoy the story, and please review. THANKS!!!

Percy's POV

I've never felt so small and insignificant in my life. I've faces thousands of monsters and a war, but none of that compared to now. Standing in front of me is Tartarus himself.
It was different when we were just roaming around on what I guess you could call his body, and even in those moments I still felt hopeless. We're so close to the doors, but now we have to deal with Tartarus.

None of the time that we've spent in this place can be considered enjoyable. Especially considering the fact that the air was acid and the ground was basically black glass.

Not even mentioning the 3 weeks that Kronos and other monsters tortured me. This though was the scariest part of the whole stupid adventure. I already felt weak before, and I now had a whole new collection of scars but now I can barely stand up. I just know it's no better for Annabeth. All of her weight is basically on me.

Drinking fire water doesn't help
any of this. The worst part is not that I have to drink the revolting stuff or suffer through this place, but that I have to watch Annabeth suffer as well.
At least I could take her torture. She was forced to watch but at least I can say that she wasn't tortured. Overall it's all awful.

Her once bright grey eyes now hide pain, and fear under them. Scars new and old litter her body. All of them reminding me of all the times that I failed to protect her. I'm sure I look no better, if not worse.

I still can't help realizing how beautiful she looks. Even with her hair matted with blood and covered in monster dust.

Standing under Tartarus makes you realize that you are nothing, you are a speck of dust in the world playing as a sub character in the nightmare that is life.

His golden eyes boar into me, making my knees weak, my sword falls out of my hand. His aura radiates power and evil. A wave of fear rolls over me and I shudder under the gaze of the pit.

Tartarus's voice thundered throughout the whole entire place, "Perseus Jackson, how great to see you."

I'm dead.

.

.

.

"I didn't think that you'd make it this far!!!"

I look to Annabeth, searching her eyes. She looks at me fear spreading across her face. I look at her, expectantly. She looks at me with a panicked expression. She doesn't have a plan.

We're screwed...

Annabeth's POV

The time that I've spent with Percy in Tartarus has been hard. Mentally and physically. Percy's eyes aren't the usual sea green color that I fell in love with, but instead a dark cloudy green.

I see how broken he is, I can see through the mask he has on. Torture can break the best of us. For that I will still be forever haunted by his agonizing screams.

I know he does this to convince everyone that he's fine and I know that if we get out it will be even worse. I also know he's doing it to somehow help me. For some reason it makes me mad. Yeah, he can put that mask on around the seven, but around me? Doesn't he trust me? Stupid question, of course he does. He fell into this place for me.