12-The speach to end all speaches-

Hey guys, I hope you have enjoyed the story so far. Sorry, it took me so long to get that last chapter posted. I am going to try to get as many chapters done before school starts because when school starts updates will be a lot slower. I will try my best. Hope you enjoy the story.

Leo's POV

Watching Percy destroy that sea monster or whatever it was, was scary. It was so un-Percy like. I've never seen him so angry and merciless.

He sliced it and stabbed it, torturing the creature before killing it. He could've given it a quick death but he didn't. I get that it almost hurt Annabeth but still. Wow.

I can tell that everyone else is surprised too by the looks on their faces as Percy lifts himself back onto the boat. He doesn't even stumble, just calmly walks towards us.

"Wow man, that was... something," I say, pausing my sentence as I try to find the right word.

The corners of his mouth twitch before he goes right back to being serious. His eyes narrow and he straightens up.

"Where is she?" He says.

Jason answers him as he points to Annabeth who is in the corner. How did I forget about her? Shists. Wow, good job Leo, way to be a good quest-mate.

While I had been busy watching Percy destroy the monster, Annabeth had just sat there looking more scared than I had ever seen her. More so than even when she had been looking for Percy. Her eyes were unfocused and she looked as though she was somewhere else entirely.

It wasn't hard to tell that she was having a panic attack by the way she was holding on to Percy. Her knuckles were white from the tight grip she had.

She was shaking and sobbing into his shirt as he attempted to comfort her, slowly rocking her back and forth whispering what I assume are words of encouragement into her ear.

Now feeling as though I was intruding on a personal moment, I started heading to the top of the deck, leaving behind the damaged couple, Jason beside me. Whatever happened there had broken them.

No matter how many smiles they put on or jokes they told, it didn't take an idiot to tell that they were nowhere the same as before they fell. Trust me, I would know.

Jason must have sensed how I was feeling, he was probably feeling the same way. This whole situation was unexpected.

"They'll be okay," he says it like he's trying to convince himself more than me.

"I don't know Jason, something bad happened down there. It's eating them up from the inside, killing them slowly."

"I know but they'll overcome it. From the stories I've heard, they've been through a lot. Eventually, they'll be okay."

"If anyone can get through Tartaraus it's them," I say with a small smile on my face. Neither of us mentions the fact that they already made it through Tartarus. We both know that their minds are still somewhere in that awful place.

---Time-skip---

Franks POV

As we neared the Parthenathon, you could easily feel the power. It was radiating everywhere. That could only mean one thing. The giants were here and Gaia was close, or almost fully awake I guess I should say. It was beautiful though.

The weather was perfect, not a cloud in the sky. It was not too hot and there is a slight breeze. If I didn't know what was about to go down I would say that today is going to be a good day.

Everbody was at the front of the boat looking at the beautiful scene in front of us.

"It's beautiful." Says Annabeth.

We all nodded our heads at her words. The mood was solemn.

"Let's go fight, not for the gods but for us. Fight for each other and the people in both camps. Think of them when you're fighting. Fight for the people next to you. This is war. Let's go show the giants who we are and what we can do. The gods should be here shortly." Percy pauses his speech before continuing.

"Don't exhaust yourself fighting the army. Save energy the best you can so you can be close to full strength when you're fighting the giants. It will be difficult but we didn't come all the way out here for nothing. Let's go show Gaia who's boss."

At Percy's speech, all of us stand up just a little bit straighter. Hope fills me up.

"Couldn't have said it better Seaweed Brain," Annabeth says, looking up at Percy with a small smile on her face.

The smile is contagious as it spreads to Percy than to me than to Jason and so on.

"Let's go beat some monster arse."