6-Scars

This chapter will be shorter but hopefully you still find it good. Enjoy!!

Jason's POV

To say that Percy had a lot of scars would be the understatement of the year. Percy's body held so many scars that the ones that we saw before he fell down there couldn't even begin to compare. And we hadn't even seen the ones on his back. What did he do to anger the fates?

I looked at Annabeth, shocked and scared, how did this happen? Tears leaked out of the corners of her eyes and she looked down, suddenly finding the tiles on the floor interesting.

Stab wounds looked like polka dots across his stomach and in between each were scratches and bruises. Deep scratches. Burns littered his whole torso as well and I couldn't help the feeling of nausea that crept up on me just looking at his body. Who would do this?

"What happened?" I said softly. Looking at Annabeth.

"Kronos." She spit out. Venom laced in the one word.

"But I thought he died when you guys defeated him in the 1st war." Piper said. How did she know all of this?

"We did, but somehow he's reformed down there." She shuddered.

"Did he torture you guys?" Piper asked, concern in her voice.

"He called them lessons, but no."

"What do you mean no?" I asked. She basically just said yes then no. I'm confused.

"Just Percy." She said. More tears started leaking out of her eyes. "He made me watch." At this she started sobbing. Wrapping her arms around herself and rocking herself back and forth.

Percy was tortured. Oh Gods no. None of this would have happened if I stayed down in the cave. I could've flown down and gotten them out before they fell. None of this had to happen. If I just would have done better. Some leader I am.

Piper rushed to Annabeth to comfort her. Whispering words of encouragement. Each laced with charmspeak. It took a few minutes but Annabeth eventually calmed down. Her sobs turning into a slow stream of tears running down her face. Everyone in the room was shaken at the information we just heard. We knew it was going to be bad but this was a whole new definition of bad.

"Flip him over." She demanded. Standing up and standing next to Percy with tears still flowing down her face.

I did as she said and lightly gripped Percy flipping his onto his stomach so that we had access to heal the wounds on his back. I wasn't prepared for the sight.

Percy's whole back was covered in scars. It was like a large ugly drawing made of scars. Just like his stomach there were stab wounds, bruises, and scratches, but along with that were hundreds of whip marks. They lapped over each other. His back was all mangled flesh. I can't even imagine how much pain Percy was in.

Words were carved into his back. Betrayal, failure, brainboy, and names. Names that I didn't recognize. Bianca, Silena, Beck, and Luke.

All of this surrounded a large T and K that looked to be burned into his back. Welts surrounded it and it was located right in the small of his back which if I remember correctly is where his Achilles heal was located during the Titan war. It was a brand. TK. That had to mean Tartarus and Kronos. Oh gods Percy. What happened to you?

I was shaken out of thought when Annabeth suddenly dumped the whole bucket of water onto Percy's back. At this, the sound of what I assume to be a couple of ribs popping back into place echoed around the room. Almost everyone winced at the noise.

I watched as the skin stitched itself back together. All except for the large branding. The names and words turned to white scars. You could still easily read every single word on his back. It was as clear as day.

Percy then chose that moment to burst up in the bed. Eyes wide and frightened. Suddenly I was on the ground, Percy on top of me, riptide at my neck. I gulped.

"Hey Perce, it's me Jason. It's okay, you're safe right now." I said. Percy's eyes stared at me for a second before they suddenly went even wider if that even possible.

"OMG, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? I didn't know it was you I swear I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so sorry. I--" I cut Percy's rambling off.

"Hey it's okay, I understand. But umm can you get off of me?" I say lightly. He nods and get's off of me quickly stumbling backwards in the process.

Suddenly Percy goes rigid again just like earlier. Annabeth noticed and before I can move, she grabs his hand startling him before he realized it was just her. She starts dragging him out of the room and the rest of us follow them.

As soon as we all reach the deck. Percy and Annabeth both look up in wonder at the sky. Percy starts breathing in the salty air and a small smile adorns his face as he looks at Annabeth. Both of them are taking deep breaths of the air. It's been a while since they had clean air in their lungs.

Maybe there is hope.

Sorry if it's bad, this chapter was kind of rushed. Next chapter will be better I swear. Have a good day and I hope this distracts you from the quarantine. Peace out.