05 || a little emotion

Updated/Published On:
6th August 2019
06/08/2019

"and when he won, it was like i was the winner."
-AnimeLover67-

•••••
(Y/n)'s POV
•••••

Two dates and three coffee shop visits later, I could firmly say that I more than 'liked' Yoongi. He had made a (bad) habit of turning up at the coffee around the closing time and Jin and Jimin snickered and left me alone to deal with it (even when they knew I had a extremely poor heart that responded frantically to Yoongi's gummy smiles and little smirks).

My eyes flew to the clock as I placed the used coffee cup in the basin for Jimin-ah to start washing. Half an hour to closing.

It had been a rough day for me, and I wanted nothing more than diving into my bed for atleast 8 hours. The tinkling sound at the door announced the arrival of another customer and my eyes snapped hopefully (but nervously) to find Yoongi sauntering inside, his head pulled down to look at his phone.

He looked up finally as he reached the counter, where I stood ready with an award-worthy smile on my face.

"Hey," he greeted me, his mouth stretching into his ridiculously beautiful smile that sent my heart pounding. He looked so good like that, my heart melted.

"Hi," I passed out a reply after dazedly staring at him for ten seconds. It did not go unnoticed by him and he leaned forward on the counter with an amused look; on the other hand, I was a wreck, as blood rushed to my cheeks. "What will you have today?"

"You know the usual, beautiful," he replied with a wink. I sighed, and closed my eyes as I tried to hide my hammering heart and keep my face straight.

"Alright, coming right up!" I looked him in the eye, giving him my best forced smile before turning to make his strong Americano. My face dropped into a frown as my hands worked around the drink I had made so many times, I could make it in sleep.

I presented him the cup while he poured out the money. He picked up the cup and frowned at me.

"Something wrong?" He asked, looking concerned.

"Ah, no, um, it's nothing," I said, giving him a tired smile. "Just tired. Wanna go home, but I'm good."

"Take care of yourself," he murmured to me, disapproval etched on his face. It made me laugh and I gave him a genuine smile, his worry making me pleased (even if it seems wrong).

"I will, I will," I replied. The shop was empty again, and I took the moment to remove my apron and glanced at Jin for a break. He nodded, probably thinking about how to cut my paycheck for all the breaks I take. Just kidding.

I walked with Yoongi to a small table for two and I rested my chin between the palms of my two hands.

"So, what's going on with you?" I asked him. He gave a moan of relief at the taste of his coffee and nodded at me.

"Nothing, I got work tonight," he said. "Also, you make amazing coffee. I love your coffee. Can you teach me how to make it? Because I can't have you around 24/7, and I need this. It's like, my energy for twenty-four hours."

I giggled before replying with fake innocence, "Are you sure that's the only thing that gives you the energy?"

"Hm," he pretended to think before leaning closer to my face. My heart started it's marathon once again and my eyes hurt from the resistance I was putting to not look down at his lips. "No. I need you too."

"Well, uhm, then you better come everyday," I said, my face on fire as he leaned even closer. Oh my gosh, is he going to kiss me?! He slightly smirked.

"Anything for you, gorgeous," he said right back, licking his lips tantalizingly. My tongue itched to dart out and lick my own lips which had gone dry, but I didn't, so as not to lose my sanity and dignity. "Anything."

A string of curses went off in my brain as he had now reached an inch away from my lips. Unknowingly, I was leaning in as well, and for the first time, I let my eyes go down to his lips.

They were thin, soft-looking and in a way only cheesy authors would call it - kissable. I gulped lightly, hoping he didn't see it as I saw his eyes dart down to my own.

And then, before I could panic or overthink anything, his lips met mine. I had read many soulmate stories speaking of the fireworks, violins, the bliss, the heaven.

But what I felt with Yoongi was different. A good different. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I felt overwhelmed by the emotions he was pouring into that kiss.

I tried kissing him back, since I had scarcely any experience with kissing. Somehow, his lips lead my lips into what they were supposed to do.

He pulled back after a few seconds, and he was slightly out of breath. Suddenly, there was a pin-drop silence. I was out of breath too, but I was happy. I was elated.

His eyes widened and he stood up. He swiftly ran out of the coffee shop, leaving me bewildered on the table with his half-finished cup of coffee.

Suddenly, my eyes felt heavy. I could feel the warm water pricking the sides as I watched his figure run away from the glass windows. My throat felt constricted as I stood up and grabbed the cup of coffee.

I walked back to the counter, where Jin and Jimin-ah were standing, giving me sympathetic looks. I dumped the rest of the coffee into the basin and put it for wash before turning around, my hand flying to my chest. It hurt.

"(Y/n), I'm, I'm so sorry," Jin whispered to me as he draped an arm around my shoulder, to soothe me. Jimin-ah held my hand and rubbed circles on it, giving me a sorry look too.

"W- Why are you sorry?" I asked, my voice choking on the heaviness in my throat. "It's not y- your fau- fault."

"We filled your head with ideas, got your hopes up," Jimin-ah said, shaking his head as if he was angry at himself. "We're so sorry. Really. We didn't think he would do that."

"It's okay, I'm fine," I murmured, pushing myself off the basin counter. Jin stepped back but Jimin-ah didn't let go of my hand. "Thank you for worrying about me, it's very sweet of you. I was wondering Jin, if I could be let off early tonight? I am tired."

Jin nodded immediately and I quickly walked to the back to grab my purse before leaving for my house.

Why does it always have to be me? And just when I was starting to fall for him, too.

❒❒❒

Words: 1170
A/n:
My exams started today... Yikes...😫😦