08 || behind every "it's okay"

Updated/Published On:
27th August 2019
27/08/2019

"and when he comforted me, i swore i never felt safer than that."
-AnimeLover67-

•••••
(Y/n)'s POV
•••••

That day, I left a part of me behind at Yoongi's studio. My heart was always with him, but with it, my mind was always there too.

I pretended that I was fine, telling Jin, Jimin-ah and Min-ji that we had decided that it won't work out. It hurt, but I put up my smiley face 24/7 and buried it deep inside me as a part of my past.

It had been a week to that day, when Min-ji finally had enough. She slammed her hands on the counter as I was washing the dishes. I jumped at the sound and looked at her in confusion.

"Something wrong, Min-ji?" I asked her softly, wondering what went wrong. Her eyes were watery and as soon as I realised that, I quickly plunged my hands in the water before drying them. I snaked an arm around her shoulder. "What happened?"

"I, I don't know," she whispered. "I'm, I just snapped. I can't find my soulmate and all my friends have. You're pretending to be happy even when you're not and it's hurting me to see my unnie like this. College is biting a chunk out of me, and I am biting more than I can chew. The customers are getting to my head, snapping at me for the smallest of things and I can't fire back at them-"

She inhaled sharply, her eyes filled to the brim by now. I gave her a side hug.

"Calm down, first, Min-ji," I said to her softly. I pulled her to the chairs behind the counter, sitting down with her. "Sit down, do you want some water? No? Okay, take deep breaths. Inhale. Exhale. That's good. Now listen to me carefully."

She looked at me through her wet eyelashes as I gave her a soft, loving smile.

"Min-ji, don't worry about things that are not in your hands," I spoke softly, reassurance lacing my words. "You will find your soulmate. Everyone does; you are destined to meet them. And when you do, you won't regret the time you spent without them. Because you will love them to the core. Don't worry about me. I told you, it's okay. It's very sweet of you to be concerned about me like that, but I am handling it the best I can. I swear, I will try my best not to hurt you in any way, okay? Also, if college is giving you trouble, you should have told me before! I would love to help you in whatever way I can."

"(Y/n)-unnie, this is why!" She whined. "You are just, you are perfect. You are my idol, I want to be like you, but here I am, struggling to even reach your shadow."

"Don't compare yourself to me, Min-ji," I told her. "You are you, I am me. Just give your best trying to be the best you, instead of trying to be me. When you become the best you, you are perfect. And I'll fight anyone who says otherwise."

She laughed at the last statement, knowing very well that I can't fight with anyone. It made me smile with relief, seeing her laugh. I patted her shoulder.

"You will be just fine. I know it deep inside."

Someone coughed behind us and I immediately jumped out of my seat and faced the counter, speaking the words, "Welcome to Sweet Secrets! How may..." before my voice trailed off, seeing the person in front of me.

Min Yoongi stood in front of me in all his glory and nervousness. I hoped he didn't hear the sound of my heart shattering like a weak glass.

"How may I be of service?" I finished, keeping my best customer service smile on.

"A special Americano and five minutes with you?" He asked nervously. My heart clenched.

"That would be 5,620 won and ten minutes, sir," I said with a small smile. He heaved a sigh of relief as he pulled out his wallet while I made the coffee.

"Er, what's this special Americano?" Min-ji asked from behind me. I giggled before whispering the answer to her.

"Here you go, sir," I handed him the coffee, taking the money. I counted it and put it in the cash drawer.

"Call me Yoongi, please," he pleaded. "You calling me sir makes me even more nervous."

"Okay then, Yoongi," I said, removing my apron. I turned to Min-ji. "Handle alone for ten?"

She nodded, giving me an encouraging smile. It almost made me laugh but I stopped myself in the nick of time. I walked with Yoongi to a table.

"What's up?" I asked, as I poured myself some water. He sighed, and took a deep breath before launching into a speech.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, (y/n)," he stated. "I was an idiot, heck, the biggest idiot you must have ever seen in your life. When you told me you love me, I couldn't believe it and I panicked. I didn't want to get my hopes up just to be crushed again. I pushed you away. I shouldn't have. I thought if I do that, I wouldn't be hurt. Guess what? Staying away from you hurt. Like anything. And I realised: I am the biggest idiot ever."

He pulled my hands into his, giving me a look only Min Yoongi is capable of making.

"Will you give this idiot a chance?" He asked. "Because I am not afraid to admit it anymore; I love you, (y/n) (l/n) and I will try my best to keep you happy."

I pounced on him, my hands wrapping around his neck as I shouted yeses in his ear. I could feel him grinning, a very rare sight indeed.

"You mean it?" I asked, pulling back. He nodded, giving me his gummy smile that melted me. Suddenly, I felt something warm on my left wrist. I looked down to find something appearing there.

My eyes snapped to Yoongi's wrist, where a mark was coming too.

Our soulmark.

❒❒❒

Words: 1033

A/n:
Last chapter coming next week! 😘