Young Love

SUPERGIRL: RUBY x OC (ROSE)

Every day, either Alex or Sam picked up Ruby and brought her to work. At L-Corp, Ruby sprawled out on the floor of Sam's office or on her aunt Lena's couch with her homework, occasionally poking her head up with a math problem she needed help with. At the DEO, she took up a whole conference room, because no one dared bother her. Alex's orders. Sometimes, when she was finished, Kara took her down to the training room for an hour or so.

Today, when Alex pulled into the parking lot, Ruby was leaned against the wall of the front office, standing suspiciously close to another girl. Their shoulders were touched, and their hands brushed against each other's. Both girls had light blushes on their cheeks, and Alex couldn't help but smile. She watched as Ruby nodded toward the car.

"That's my mom." She announced, the other girl pouting at that.

"Don't leave me alone!" She groaned.

"I know, I'm sorry." Ruby wrapped her arms around the girl's waist, closing her eyes as she felt a nose nuzzling into her neck.

"See you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow. And we have a game, so we'll have more time!" Ruby smiled, pulling away slowly. "Bye."

"Bye, Rubes."

The car door slammed shut, and Alex was smirking at her stepdaughter. Ruby's cheeks were flaming red as the girl waved goodbye.

"Does your friend -" Alex drew quotation marks in the air with her fingers, "- need a ride?" Ruby shrugged, rolling down the window.

"Hey, Rose, need a ride?" She called.

"No, thanks. My mom's on her way." Rose replied, smiling brightly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
At the dinner table, Ruby is quiet, a distant smile on her lips. She picked at her food, barely eating a thing. Sam shot Alex a confused look, to which Alex simply replied,

"Ah, young love." And placed a sweet kiss on her wife's lips before clearing the dishes.

"Do you have a boyfriend I don't know about?" Sam gasped, startling Ruby from her place of peace.

"Boyfriend? Who has a boyfriend?" Ruby asked.

"You."

"Oh, no, no boyfriends." Ruby laughed to herself, clearing her own plate and beginning to help her mother with the dishes.

"Girlfriend." Sam studied her daughter's calm shrug and groaned at the lack of information. "Tell me her name!"

"There is no girl." Ruby insisted.

"Then what was all that with Rose, then?" Alex teased.

"Nothing!" Ruby's tan cheeks flushed beet red, and Sam knew Alex had hit the jackpot.

"Nothing? You don't get this red over nothing." Sam teased.

"Mom!" Ruby groaned.

"I didn't say anything!" Alex raised her hands in mock surrender, a teasing smirk on her lips.

"I have to finish my report. Can I just go?" Ruby sighed.

"Sure, sweetie." Sam placed a kiss on the side of Ruby's head. Ruby climbed the stairs quickly, and the couple winced at the sound of her door slamming.

"I'll point her out at the soccer game tomorrow." Alex smiled, draping an arm over her wife's shoulders.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It was a great day for a game. The weather was perfect, the girls were ready, and the opposing team was good. Their arch-rivals from Sunnyview High were just as pumped as they were, and the game was bound to be good.

Ruby sprinted across the field, the goal was so close, but just when she reached shooting range, she was surrounded. Looking up for someone, anyone to kick the ball to, she locked eyes with Rose, and before she knew it, the buzzer had rung, and Rose had kicked the winning goal. A pair of arms flew around her neck, and a body crashed into hers so quickly that she was knocked onto her back, a giggling Rose laying on top of her.

"We're going to championships," Rose whispered, and Ruby's arms wrapped around the girl's waist.

"We're going to championships." She echoed.

"We're going to championships!" Someone screamed, and the pair of girls reluctantly dragged themselves off the grass and into the crowd.

Loud whoops and cheers suddenly softened, and Ruby realized Rose was no longer by her side. She was holding a poster, a white rose in her hand.

We won the game, but the real score is you. Prom?

"You're such a dork." Ruby laughed, her hands over her mouth to hide her wide grin. "It doesn't even make sense."

"Yeah, but you still think I'm cute." Rose giggled, handing the white flower over.

"Very cute," Ruby replied, pretending to roll her eyes.

"I take that as a yes."

"Was it a real question?"

"Well, you can say no." Rose teased.

"But I wouldn't." Ruby pressed her lips to Rose's and the team went wild. Ruby's moms were on their feet, and though Alex would never admit it, she was crying.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Moms, we've been over this! I'm coming straight home, I'll have fun, and I'll take pictures." Ruby groaned.

"You don't have to come straight home. Be safe, but you can stay out if you want. We won't be mad." Sam patted Ruby's knee gently.

"Okay, but can we please pretend to be normal when she gets here?" Ruby begged.

"That'll never happen, sweetheart." Alex chuckled. Ruby pouted, immediately perking up when the sound of the doorbell rang through the air.

"Rubes, you look..." Rose trailed off, her hands cupping Ruby's cheeks.

"You, too, Rosie," Ruby replied.

After way too many pictures, Sam and Alex sent the girls off to their night. And they had ever been happier.

A/N: I really enjoy styling out their clothes, so that's in the media box above. Vote and comment, love you guys!!