Innuendos

LEGENDS: AVALANCE

Sara woke in Ava's arms, her head resting on her girlfriend's chest. Ava's fingers were combing through Sara's hair, so softly that Sara almost couldn't feel them. Neither of them wanted to get up, that meant facing the team, so they stayed in bed for a bit too long.

"Pardon me captain, but Mr. Heywood announced a code 1-1-3." Gideon's voice shattered the couple's serenity.

"A code 1-1-3?" Ava mumbled, stretching slowly.

"If the code is 1-1-3, it's off to the bridge for you and me," Sara replied automatically. Ray's damn code song was useful, though no one cared to admit it.

"A team meeting on the bridge?" Ava asked, immediately missing Sara's warmth when the captain climbed out of bed.

"Yes. Nate made a book of codes, and Ray wrote a song, so now whenever there's a situation, we don't have to explain it."

"Impressive. You had nothing to do with it?"

"Only if it impresses you," Sara smirked, throwing on a tee-shirt and a pair of jeans.

"Sara, that's my shirt."

"I'm aware. I like wearing your clothes." Sara leaned over the bed, planting a long kiss on Ava's lips. "Want to save time's ass with us?"

"Sounds like a date." Ava smiled, sitting up and throwing the blankets off her legs.

"Sara, we're going to leave without you!" Nate's voice came over the intercom.

"We're literally on the same timeship." Sara rolled her eyes, waiting for Ava to finish getting dressed before she opened the door, because sure enough,

"I pulled the short straw." Zari sighed.

"I figured," Sara replied, feeling Ava's arms wrap around her waist.

"This is why everyone refuses to get you," Zari grumbled, turning on her heel and returning to the bridge. Ava chuckled, placing a kiss on Sara's cheek.

"It's not my fault she's clingy when she's tired!" Sara called.

"It's your fault she's tired." Zari turned to shoot both of them a look before she rejoined the team.

"She's not wrong," Ava mumbled.

"At least it's tired in a good way."

"It's tired in an 'I'm holding onto you because it hurts to walk and if I have to suffer, so do you' way." Ava quipped.

"Again, good way," Sara smirked, making her way to the bridge with a proud smirk. They entered the bridge soon afterward, earning grateful groans of 'finally' and a wolf whistle from Jax.

"You had a good night." He joked.

"Shut your mouth, Jax, or I'll cut your eyes out and feed them to you," Sara announced, shooting her friend a pointed glare. He laughed, then raised his eyebrows, glancing to Zari.

"Is that Ava's shirt?" He teased.

"Yes, you jealous?" Sara smirked. "Just get on with it."

Nate and Ray explained the Anachronism, interrupting each other and stumbling over their words.

"So this is big," Sara muttered. "Great."

Short, but it's funny, so here. I'm tired. Good night.