Forever

SUPERGIRL: SUPERCORP

Lena Luthor had been to a billion parties with Kara Danvers. They'd done brunch, dinner, and spent hours in Lena's office. They had slept at Kara's house, after pizza, potstickers, and hours of talking about Snapper Carr and business proposals in Lena's office. They knew almost everything about each other. Kara knew that Lena loved ice cream, but never ate it because she constantly stuck to a strict diet. Lena knew that Kara pretty much ate whatever she wanted, but she worked out every day. They knew about each other's families, and Lena had even met Kara's mother. They each held a secret. Well, Kara held two. After their years of friendship, they still hadn't told each other one thing. They had both fallen hard for each other. When they first realized it, they were awkward. It got easier over time, but the feeling of loneliness never faded. Near Valentine's Day was always the worst. All the couples surrounded them, and they were too scared to ask one another out.

"Earth to Kara!" Alex shouted. They had been watching a movie with pizza, potstickers, and ice cream. It was a Danvers sister movie night, including Maggie, who was a Danvers sister by marriage. Kara loved both her sister and her sister-in-law, but their constant kisses and never-ending cuddles always seemed to make Kara a bit jealous of what they had.

"Sorry." Kara muttered, her cheeks slightly flushed.

"What's up? Somethings up." Maggie asked. Kara opened her mouth slightly, then closed it again.

"Nothing. It's nothing." Kara faked a smile and turned her attention back to the movie. Maggie turned off the t.v., so that Kara couldn't dodge her questions anymore.

"What is it?" Alex asked, taking the ice cream out of her sisters hands.

"Too far." Kara insisted. Maggie giggled as Alex threw a pillow at her sister.

"Just tell us. You know we won't give up." Alex laughed.

"It's just someone I've liked for a while and have absolutely no chance with." Kara shrugged.

"And this person has a name, right?" Maggie teased. Kara rolled her eyes. Her phone buzzed, and it was Lena. Of course it was Lena.

Lena!: Hey, is now a bad time? I really need to talk to you. In person.

Kara❤️: Your place or mine?

Lena!: Is yours okay?

Kara❤️: Of course.

Kara❤️: Shoot, my sister and my sister-in-law are here. We can kick them to the kitchen? Is that okay? I'm really sorry, I forgot for a second.

Lena!: No problem, hun. See you in twenty?

Kara❤️: Okay. Bye.

Maggie snatched the phone from Kara's hands.

"No, don't read that!" Kara begged. Maggie rolled her eyes and continued reading the conversation.

"She calls you hun? That's adorable. So are you guys dating or something?" Maggie asked.

"No, not even close, we're both straight." Kara lied.

"Oh, come on. You like her!" Alex insisted, peeking over her wife's shoulder.

"And apparently, we're getting sent away so that they can talk. And it's Valentine's Day." Maggie teased.

"She probably found something out about J'onn or Cadmus or something." Kara shrugged.

"Sure. When Maggie kissed me, she showed up to my apartment uninvited, with food, and said she had to tell me something." Alex argued.

"Just drop it. I'm straight and you know it. Remember the thing with James?" Kara asked.

"There was no thing. You liked each other, then you kissed him and decided 'screw that'." Maggie insisted.

"She should be here any minute, and we know how to hack your security cameras. We'll just head home early." Alex smirked.

"I have security cameras? You know how to hack my security cameras?" Kara yelled.

"Alex did it. We hack them every once in a while, because Alex is paranoid. Let's go." Maggie shrugged, like it was no big deal. Kara shook her head and stood up. She hugged her sisters goodbye, then grabbed her glasses. Lena didn't need to know she was Supergirl. Just as the couple opened the door to leave, Lena raised her fist to knock. Kara adjusted her glasses when she saw her best friend.

"Hey." Lena giggled.

"Hi, Lena. We were just heading out." Alex dragged her wife out of the apartment by her hand. Kara rolled her eyes and ushered Lena into the apartment. They settled into the couch, and Lena felt her nerves sink to the bottom of her stomach.

"What'd you need to tell me?" Kara asked. Lena gave her a nervous smile, and her gaze dropped to her lap.

"I've been thinking, and I know I should've told you this before, and I know this is going to be awkward, which is probably why I avoided it, but I need to stop babbling." Lena placed her head in her hands, cringing slightly at how awkward she was.

"Hey. You can tell me anything." Kara smiled gently, placing a hand on her friend's back.

"Okay, here goes. Whenever I'm with you, I get this feeling in my stomach. At first, I thought it'd fade, then I tried to hide it, but I really just need to tell you now. I fell for you hard. I knew it when my mother was put in prison, when Jack died, I've known it since we met, and I never wanted to tell you, but I had to tell you." Lena explained, her hands shaking, breath uneven, and face so clouded with fear of losing her best friend that made Kara want to cry.

"I guess we're both clueless, then." Kara smiled weakly, bringing her hand up to cup the brunette's cheek. Lena's gaze shifted between Kara's eyes and her lips. It felt like their lips were magnets, each drawing themselves towards the other's. Kara closed her eyes, just before their lips connected. Lena melted into the blonde's arms, her hand resting on Kara's upper arm. And that was how they spent their days. Forever in each other's arms.

It's sucky and recycled from my other one-shot book, so sorry 💕