Chapter 5

Ethan POV

I had just parked the car at the grocery store. I had surveyed the pantry earlier and realized we were low on food. I looked in my mirror at Lilly and saw an awe filled daze in her eyes. I chuckled, this has always been her favorite place in the world for some unknown reason.

I grabbed my keys and stepped out of the car. I made my way to Lilly and lifted her onto my hip. I carried her into the entrance and grabbed a cart. I set her in the seat and made my way around the store.

Lilly continuously made grabby hands at all the snacks and candy we passed. I swatted her hands down each time and told her we'd only get a few snacks and we weren't here to buy the store. Of course she pouted at that; I swear, if she could live here she would.

"Lilly! How many times do I have to tell you to not attempt to grab everything that interests you?" I tell her sternly, clearly frustrated.

Tears sprung in he eyes and her lip trembled, "I sowwy."

I sighed, how could I stay mad at her? "Aww, it's alright baby."

He sniffled and wiped her face with her tiny hands. She removed her hands and smiled widely at me. "It otay!"

I chuckled and continued to stroll along the store. I grabbed the food and made my way to the candy aisle and looked into Lilly's eyes. "You can get one treat, but only one." I tell her firmly.

Her eyes lit up and she smiles big at me. I chuckle and lift her out of the seat and on the floor to pick out a treat. I soon hear her giggles as she runs along the candy aisle. Thank goodness nobody else was in the aisle, or I might be frowned upon. What is wrong with this society? Why can't you let a kid run around and be- uh oh.

Lilly had ran into an aisle and the candy on the shelf fell. I hurriedly grabbed Lilly and some gummy worms and set her in the seat. I turned the cart around and walked away. We were never here. I spotted a worker and told her about the mess I 'casually spotted on my way to checkout'. Good thing I took acting lessons.

I paid at checkout before heading back to the car. I unloaded the bags and set Lilly in her car seat. I ran the cart back inside the store and jogged back to the car.

We made are way home and I parked the car in the garage. I brought Lilly and a few bags inside first and then returned for the other bags. I unloaded the food into our now full pantry.

Lilly was sitting in front of the tv on my phone- wait my phone?! Where did she get that? I could've sworn it was in my pocket. I check what she's on and see she's on a abc game. Eh, I'll let her play for a bit while I get started on lunch.

I make some ham sandwiches and goldfish. I fill a sippy cup with grape juice. I cut up some strawberries as well.

I fix Lilly's plate and call her in the kitchen. Few seconds later, I hear tiny footsteps heading my way. Lilly runs in and climbs onto her chair. I set her food and drink in front of her, while grabbing my own plate. We eat while Lilly makes toddler talk. We finish our meal and I set Lilly down for a nap. Afterwards, I do the dishes and clean up the house.

Once I finished some of the cleaning, little pitter-patter of feet sounded from the hallway. I looked over my shoulder to see Lilly, rubbing her eyes, with her little bunny hanging from her hands. She made her way over to me and simply held her hands up, making grabby motions toward me. Chuckling I lift her up on my hip.

"What you dwoing?" She asked me.

"Im cleaning the house, munchkin." I tell her.

"Mhm," she mumbles.

"How about you go play while I finish up, hmm?" I ask her, her nodding in reply.

I swiftly put her down and she runs to the playroom located beside her room. Quickly, I finish the rest of the cleaning and head to the playroom. Lilly was playing with her tea set, having a tea party. She was helping her bears to tea and biscuits when she noticed me.

"Bubby! Come jwoin us!" She exclaims, eyes lifting up.

"Sure thing short stuff." I chuckle.

She grabs me a seat and motions me to sit. I gently sit in the little chair. She hands me a boa and tells me to put it on. Girls.

"Would ywou like some twea?" She asks me to which I briskly reply; "Yes, I would love some."

She pours me some 'tea' and hands me a 'biscuit' to which I pretend to gobble up. I'm rewarded with a giggle and a 'refill'.

We make courteous discussion with her bears and ourselves before we eventually end the tea party.

I fixed some spaghetti for dinner, which was a mess, and run Lilly a bath. Afterwards, I get her prepared for bed. At about 8, I tuck Lilly in for bed and head to my room. I stay on my phone, on twitter, for awhile before I place my phone on the charger and turn on my alarm for 9, when Lilly usually wakes up. I peacefully close my eyes, embracing the dark that surrounds me.

_________________________________________

💬10/3/14💬

It's my first update in October. Eh, not really impressive. Well then again, I am lame... So yeah!! Thanks for reading luv you guys <3

See ya later alligator (told ya I was lame),

Jalyn 🙈