Chapter 9

Ethan POV

There she stood. Skinny jeans hugging her legs and an aqua striped long sleeve shirt. Her blonde hair pulled up into a messy bun and her plump lips formed an amused smile.

"Casey!" Lilly shouted, throwing her arms toward her.

"Lilly! How's my favorite little monkey?" Casey asked plopping Lilly out of her seat and into her arms.

"I gwood. How you?" Lilly replied.

Casey chuckled, "I'm good baby bear. Got room for me?" The question directed to me.

"Of course. Take a seat." I said while motioning to the seat next to Lilly's. Casey nods while placing Lilly back into her seat and a waiter comes up.

"My name is Bradley. May I take your order?" He asked us, eyes lingering toward Casey.

I carefully place my arm around Casey's shoulders and glare at the guy. His eyes go wide and he quickly grabbed out a notepad. He takes our order and I watch him closely until he leaves. I take my arm off her shoulders as she whines.

"Why do you have to scare all the hot guys away?!" She whines.

"Cause you're my cousin. No boy is dating my cousin. You're too young to date anyway." I defend.

"I'm eighteen. That's only two years younger than me." She retaliates.

"Whatever." I wave her off. We soon receive our drinks and a pepperoni pizza to share. We pile our plates and I cut Lilly's up. Casey watches and nods in approval.

"You're really stepping up," Casey stated, "You're being a dad for her."

"Well yeah. She's my sister, the only one I have left. And I'm going to love her with all my heart."

Casey looks at me and kisses my cheek while ruffling my hair. I push her away playfully and glare at her. I fix my hair and we eat.

I then pay as we leave and head back to my house. As we pull in Casey's phone buzzes. She pulls it out and texts someone. She locks her phone and turns to me.

"I'll stay until tomorrow morning, then I have to go back to school. I'm graduating in the spring, you'll have to come." She tells me.

"Yeah, that'd be good. I'll see your dad again, tell him how your such a bad girl." I tease while she shoves me. We hop out of a car and I head to Lilly's side. I open her door and pick up the tired toddler.

I decide to get her to bed so Casey comes in to get her ready. While they are getting in their pajamas, I turn on SpongeBob...for Lilly. Soon I hear giggles and out pops Lilly who's dressed in Tinkerbell pjs and Casey in sweats and a tshirt. Looking as classy as ever. Soon we all snuggle up on the couch watching SpongeBob and we fall asleep; in an awkward position that we'll laugh at when we wake up. Like I can smell someone's feet in my face right now. Yuck.

A/N
Sorry this is really sucky. I've been sick this past week with strep so I have makeup work I have to pass.
Does anyone else hate getting swabbed for strep? Just me? Okay...
Read!
Comment!

Jalyn