Chapter 10

Lilly POV (for a change)

I woke up and I felt icky. My tummy and head hurt bad. I started to cry and cuddled my bunny, Kiki, close to me. I felt hands grab me and lift me up on their lap and I saw Bubby. He was rubbing my back and I buried my head in his chest. I just didn't feel good.

Ethan POV

I continued rubbing Lilly's back until her sobs quieted to sniffles. I could feel heat basically radiating off of her and I knew she had a fever.

As she calmed down, I laid her down on the love seat and covered her with a blue knit blanket my mom made when she was on bedrest with Lilly. I grabbed her bunny and gave it to her as she snuggled under the covers. I turned on some cartoons for her to watch as I left to find the thermometer.

After searching all drawers and cabinets, I found the thermometer. I washed it off to be safe and hurried back to Lilly.

"Open your mouth bug." I say softly and stick the thermometer under her tongue. I rub her arms as I wait for the beep. The beep sounds about a minute later and I take it out of her mouth to check it. I go under the light of the lamp to get a better view.

102˚

Great, now I have a sick child. I wash the thermometer before sticking it back in the case and I fix Lilly some Tylenol and a piece of toast with a sippy cup of milk. I set up a side table beside Lilly and give her her medicine and food. She scrunches her nose up at the medicine with distaste.

"I know you don't like it Lilly, but it will make you feel better." I try to persuade her.

Her head shakes indignantly. I sigh dramatically.

"I guess you'll just be sick forever since you don't want to take your medicine. Oh well."

Her face drops and she looks at the medicine and back at me before shaking her head. I try and think of a new tactic.

"Look, if you take your medicine I'll get you ice cream." I bribe her. She finally cracks and gulps down the medicine, taking a big bite of her toast to get rid of the taste.

"Bribing are you?" An amused voice asks behind me.

Yes, if that's what it takes." I respond smartly. Casey chuckles while shaking her head.

Lilly finishes her toast, snuggling deep under the covers with only her head poking out. It was so adorable that I sneaked a picture, sending it to Juliet.

Me: Munchkins sick :(

Jules: Aw poor thing. Give her my luv ;(

Me: Me 2? ;)

Jules: *virtual eye roll* fine u too.

With that, we finished our conversation and I cleared Lilly's dishes. Casey follows me as I head back to the kitchen and leans against the counter.

"I have to leave today," she says with a pout. I glance at her while unloading the dishwasher and reloading it.

"Can you do our laundry before you leave? I think I'm out of underwear." I ask her as she rolls her eyes and mutters something about boys.

"Fine. Only because I love Lilly."

I frown, "What about me?"

She smirks, "I don't really like you." With the final word, she stalks off. As long as she's doing laundry, I'm good.

Heading back to the living room, I hear dry coughs that sound really bad. Lifting up Lilly and setting her on my lap, I cuddle her.

"Bubba, no feel good." She whines, her voice scratchy. I wince at how bad she sounds.

"I know baby. But bubba is going to make you feel better." I assure her. I feel a warm sensation on my lap and look at Lilly who bursts into tears.

"I sowwy bubba! I sowwy! I didn't mean two!" She cries hysterically. I lift her up and head to the closest bathroom and close the door.

I turn on the water in the tub and make sure it's a nice temperature. I strip Lilly of her dirty clothes and set her in the water. I grab some bath toys for her to play with as I squirt some shampoo in my hands. I massage the shampoo in her hair while giving her random little tickles. I rinse the shampoo and grab the conditioner and run a little bit through her hair. I let the conditioner sit for a minute before rinsing that too. I take a washcloth and put some baby soap on it and clean her body. After thoroughly cleaning her I let her play for a bit before draining the water and grabbing a towel. I dry her off and take a pull-up, knowing this would be a fight.

"No! I no need that!" Lilly tells me angrily.

"Lilly, only for today. It will help in case you have another accident." I say calmly.

After the long argument, which I successfully won, I had the pull-up on her and she was in some fuzzy pajamas. I combed her hair until it was free of tangles and pulled it back in a ponytail. A knock sounded and Casey stumbled in. Startling the crap out of me I must say.

"What if I was naked? Or using the restroom?!" I yell.

She rolls her eyes, "Stop being a drama queen. I knocked didn't I?"

"Yeah, before just walking right in." I defend.

"Whatever. I'm here to get a hug from my little bear since I'm leaving," she says, holding onto Lilly.

"No go." Lilly pouts, clinging to Casey.

"Sorry babe, I have to go home cause I have to go to school. Hopefully you'll be starting soon." She eyes me at the last part.

"Yeah, I'll get her enrolled soon." I tell her to get her off my back. She nods and gives me a hug before scrunching up her nose.

"You need a shower, you smell like urine."

And with that, the great Casey exits the bathroom; her hips swinging.

A/N~
Happy Holidays! So sorry for the late update, I was just caught up in the holidays with my family that I never really wrote. Thanks!
Read
Comment

Jalyn xx