Chapter 7

Ethan POV

Juliet and I walked up to the host. The restaurant was cold and I could feel Juliet shiver and I wrapped my free arm around her. Juliet froze and looked up at me as I look down at her. I smiled and she slowly grinned up at me. The host, a man in his late twenties, greeted us.

His eyes roamed Juliet, who was wearing a beige sweater with a pale pink tank top under it and tight dark wash skinny jeans, apparently I wasn't the only one to notice it as Juliet gazed down to her shoes and covered herself self-consciously. I tightened my arms around her and cleared my throat. The host looked up to me and coughed as his cheeks tinged pink.

"How many?" He asked, still pink in the face.

"Four. Two kids menus and booster seats please." I reply.

He nods, embarrassment still clear on his face. He grabs the menus and leads us to a booth. He leaves to grab the menus and I set Lilly on the ground.

"You okay?" I ask her concerned.

"Yeah, just don't like attention." She tells me and finally looks up to where I can see her red cheeks.

"Well, you look beautiful with red cheeks and I should embarrass you more often." I tease her to which her red cheeks turn even more red.

I chuckle humorously as the host returns with two brown booster seats. He sets the booster seats on the booth and we thank him as he leaves.

We strap Izabella and Lilly in the booster seats and we sit by our siblings so we're across from each other. We talk about little non-important things when a waitress appears.

She has fiery red hair and muddy brown eyes. She looks about 5'7 and walks over to us perkily.

"Hey y'all. I'm Kerrie and I'm going to take your alls orders today. So, what can I get ya?" She asks with a country accent and a kind smile.

"Um, I'll take a water and she'll take a milk." Juliet orders.

Kerrie writes it down before turning to me and giving me a dazzling smile.

"And how about you and this sweetie?" She asks me.

"I'll take a coke and she'll have some milk as well." I tell her.

She nods and tells us she'll be right back before turning an walking away.

"Ever been here before?" I ask Juliet.

"Yeah, a couple of times. We don't usually go out often...too expensive." She says.

"Hey, it's okay." I say as I notice tears well up in her eyes.

Kerrie arrives, not a moment too soon, as Juliet rubs frantically at her eyes. Kerrie sets the drinks in front of them before grabbing out her pad again. Juliet and I quickly gazed over the menu.

"You guys ready?" Kerrie asks us.

"Yeah I think so." I say with a glance towards Juliet who is looking at her menu.

"Um yeah. I'll take the chicken Parmesan and she'll have spaghetti." Juliet orders.

"And I'll have the chicken Alfredo and she'll have the cheese ravioli." I tell her.

"Alright I'll have that right out for ya." She gathers up our menus and walks toward the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" I ask Juliet.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm okay." She assures me.

I sip my coke and nod towards her. I feel Lilly tap me and I look at her. Lilly's holding herself down there and is looking at me frantically.

"I need to gwo pee!" She whispers, not so quietly.

Juliet snaps toward me and a smile is working its way on her face.

"Oh. Uh. Yeah." I stutter out and I look to Juliet for help.

She laughs at my face before nodding, "I'll take her."
I thank her before turning to Lilly, "Juliet will take you to the restroom."

I lift Lilly out of her seat and hand her to Juliet.

"I'll wait here." I tell her and she laughs and carries Lilly to the bathroom. They soon return after I had talked with Izabella about her lovely drawing of scribbles. I help Lilly into her seat and we talk again. Soon our food arrives and the only sound is silverware moving and I discreetly pay without telling Juliet.

We finally finish and it's time to go home. Lilly looks like she's about to fall asleep in her seat and Izabella is no exception. I give Juliet a hug goodbye and leave, holding on to the promise that I'll see her soon and set Lilly in her seat.

I drive home and quickly give Lilly a bath and put her in bed. I dressed out of my clothes and into gray sweats and a loose red shirt. I hopped into bed and pulled the covers around me, allowing sleep to engulf me.

Juliet POV

I think I like him. A lot.

A/N

Here's chapter 7 for you. Enjoy! I also wanted to tell you I made a new story, it's called Rolling With The Wind. So yeah, go check it out.
Read!
Comment!
Whatever!

Jalyn 🌼