Chapter 1

(A/N (it's Reese) hello, welcome back :) this is the FINAL book of the Parley trilogy so...
~e n j o y~ it. if you HAVE NOT read the first two books, Jealousy and Reunited, I highly recommend you read those first or you will probably be confused. I'm not going to give anything away, so enjoy!)

*TONY'S POV*

Oh my God...

My boy.

My son.

*A/N sorry to interrupt so early but this is giving me major flashbacks to Cedric Diggory's death... if you know, you know :,(*

I fell to the ground and lay on the spot that my son had just disappeared on. I clawed through the dirt, reaching for his ashes as tears fell down my face. I sobbed.

Everything is quiet.

Everything is gone.

We lost the battle. And I lost everything.

*STEVE'S POV*

Natasha ran to me, out of breath and a horrible expression on her face.

"Thank God you're okay." I hugged her tight, sighing in relief.

"What happened?" She gasped.

Everywhere we looked, there were just piles of ashes.

Bucky... Sam...

"Everyone's gone..." I whispered, tears threatening to drop from my eyes. Wait. Where's Harley?

"Harley...?" I asked cautiously, not even wanting to hear her answer. She slowly shook her head.

"Gone."

My heart fell. No no no no no- PETER, TONY-

I fell to my knees and my head dropped to my hands. What if they're gone too? I felt Natasha crouch down beside me and give me a soft hug. I let my head fall into her chest as she comforted me, quietly sniffling as she forced herself to stay strong.

-2 MONTHS LATER-

I'm a wreck. Peter and Tony are both still missing. I slammed my fists down on the desk I've been working at.

"Hey," Natasha entered the room, holding two steaming cups of coffee and set one down on my desk beside me. "Thank you," I mumbled and gave her a weak smile. Bruce came in next, leaning against the threshold with his black-framed glasses. "Any news?"

I sighed. "I guess no news is good news?" Nat just smiled and patted my back.

I heard Rhodey's voice from the kitchen and got up to talk to him. "Hey," I said, sliding my hand over the counter as I walked to him. He stopped talking to the new girl and turned to me. "I'll be back in a bit Carol."

"Hey," I called out to her, and she looked at me curiously. "Who even are you?"

She gave me a nod. "Just call me Captain Marvel."