Chapter 27

(A/N before this chapter gets started, I wanted to let you guys know that this will be the last chapter of this book, therefore also concluding the trilogy. we have absolutely loved writing these books and we wouldn't have done it any other way. thank you for your continued support throughout it all and thank you for reading. you guys are the best and you deserve nothing less than unconditional love, respect, and happiness. remember that our messages are always open to anyone who needs/wants to talk. we love all of you 3000, and stay tuned for more in the future!)

*HARLEY'S POV*

"What time do you have to leave for work?" I stretched as I walked lazily to the kitchen, where Peter was scrambling around, grabbing papers off the counter.

"In, like... two minutes." He laughed and facepalmed. "I might as well just be late today."

"Yes," I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind and pulled him close to me, "you should."

"DAD!" Anthony screamed from his room and came running to the kitchen.

"What?" Peter laughed as Anthony came speeding up to him. "Natasha's being a little bit-"

"You better not finish that sentence," I pointed at him sternly and he sneakily rolled his eyes.

"ANTHONY!" Natasha screamed at the top of her lungs and came running down the stairs. "Dada," Natasha stood in the doorway with her pink princess nightgown on, a stuffed rainbow unicorn hanging from her hand. "Anthony's being mean to me."

"Come here," I held my arms wide open and she came to sit it in my lap. "What'd he do this time?" I whispered with a smile into her ear. "He was crawling on my ceiling again..."

"I thought she stole my PlayStation!" Anthony threw his hands up.

"I told you not to crawl on my ceiling anymore!"

"Then stop stealing my stuff!"

"I never did-"

"Hey, hey, hey." Peter put his hands up to settle the dispute. "Anthony, you're getting older and I need to teach you how to handle these powers." He sat down in a chair and gave Anthony a stern look. "You're almost 13. Don't keep annoying your sister with them. That's not what they're for."

"Yes sir..." You could tell he wanted to say something else, but he didn't.

(A/N just in case any of you are confused, Anthony is Peter's child and Natasha is Harley's. they both got surrogates but not at the same time)

"Do you have to go to work Dad?" Natasha jumped up and ran to Peter, who tucked her in his arms. "Yes. Soon." He kissed the top of her head, her soft blonde curls sinking under the weight of his kiss.

"Anthony," I directed him towards me. "How have you been with your powers? Are they getting stronger?"

"A little. It's weird. They're starting to affect my body. Like I'm growing a lot more."

"That might also just be puberty," I suggested and his face turned red.

"Please don't talk about that-"