Chapter 4

*NATASHA'S POV*

I make my way to where Clint is going to be.

I wish I was there for him when everything happened. He probably wouldn't of turned back to this life style. He lost everyone.

I quietly approach the temple and see him standing over a person.

"You shouldn't be here." He doesn't turn his head.

"But I am. Clint, we need you. We are working-"

He interrupts me. "They're gone Nat- all of them... Laura, Nathan, Lila, Cooper...."

We both pause for a minute. A much needed moment of silence. "We can get them back."

He looks up at me, hope flashing his eyes. "You can't do that to me- don't make me have hope-"

This time it was my turn to interrupt him.

"We have Tony, Bruce, Scott, and then everyone else putting in their effort. Clint...we may have a chance."

He looks at me, his expression filled with anguish. He sighs. "Let's go."

We climb into the helicarrier and make our way back to Avengers HQ.

*HARLEY'S POV*

"All I remember are voices and this orangey glow. Then Doctor Strange came up to me and was all 'iTs tHe OnLy wAy' and explained how he only had enough power to get me back. Even though I don't know why he would choose me, I barley have any experience with fighting off bad guys."

"Maybe that's not the reason he brought you back." Bruce looked up from his work of equations. "Maybe he knew you could help us with this-"

"But I don't know much about Quantum Physics...only the things you've told me." I nod over at Tony.

"Just come over and crack a whip at it." Tony waved me over and did finger drums on the desk he had his feet propped on.

I make my way over and look at the board in front of me. I bite the end of the dry erase marker. Something clicked all of a sudden. For some reason it was like I knew everything. Well not everything of course.

I made a couple modifications to the equations and took in a few more factors. I stepped away from the white board and put the marker down.

I look over at Tony with his arms crossed, smirking in the corner of the room, looking at Bruce.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, give me the eigenvalue, the particle factoring, and spectral decomp." Tony says walking over to me.

"Tony, for all I know, this could be completely-"

—Model rendered—

"Right..." Bruce walks up besides me.

"We did it- you did it-"

Scott walks in with a mouth full of PB&J. "What did I miss?"

"We did it." Bruce walks over to Scott and puts his hands on his shoulders. "We figured it out!"

"I was gone for five minutes?!"

"A lot can happen in five minutes." Tony smiles at me and puts his arm around me.

"You're saying, Harley has had all of this stored in his brain all this time?"

"I guess so." I shrug.

Scott runs up to me and hugs me. I tense up at first and then relax. "We have to tell everybody the good news."

And then he was off.