Chapter 12

A/N

HOLY SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, FAR FROM HOME IS ALMOST FREAKING HERE...IT'S SO CLOSE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(if you need to scream, you may do that now.)

okay...carry on.

*HARLEY'S POV*

—Mr. Keener can you please come downstairs—

I groan and throw a pillow over my head as I hear F.R.I.D.A.Y. interrupt my sleep. "What time is it?"

—It is 5:00 a.m.—

"Fifteen more minutes."

—Mr. Keener, Mr. Parker would like to see you downstairs.—

Why the hell is Peter up before 10?

"Give me a minute."

I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling with my hands by my sides.

I eventually roll off my bed and end up sitting on the floor staring at the wall.

My body isn't awake yet. That means I shouldn't be awake yet.

I get to my feet and run my hands through my hair to make it look a bit better. I put on some socks and walk out in shorts and a tank top.

"Peter, why the heck are you-" I look up and see Peter passed out, lying his head on the table.

I walk over to him slowly and...

"BOO!"

"AH!" He springs awake, putting his hands up in fists, his eyes fluttering open. "HARLEY, WHAT THE HECK, DUDE!?"

"Why did you want me down here? It's like 5 in the morning."

"Why would I want you down here? I don't wake up until 10, I thought you needed me down here."

"I know better than to wake you up, at least, before 9. You're an ass in the mornings." I take a seat next to him.

"Thanks." He yawns.

"So why are we still here if-"

"Good morning boys. You ready for today's training?" I see Steve walk out of the hallway with three metal water bottles (save the turtles) in his hands.

"Training? You've got to be kidding me." Peter's mouth drops. "How am I supposed to train if I can barely keep my eyes open-"

"Gotta start somewhere. Now get your shoes on and let's go." He tosses us our bottles.

"Why can't we just do this in the evening?" I ask.

"You're more drained in the evening than in the morning. AKA you're more lazy. You have five minutes or else you two are doing a mile on the treadmill with it all the way inclined at 8 miles an hour."

Our eyes widen and we sprint to our rooms and quickly put on our shoes to head to the training room.

"30...29...28...ah you're here!" Steve claps his hands together, "Let's get going."

We start off with cardio, so fun. We ran a mile, then did stairs and finished off with the rowing machine.

"Are we finished?" Peter asks, chugging his water.

"Nope. We still have..." Steve looks at his watch. "An hour to go."

"AN HOUR!?" Peter and I groan.