Chapter 8

Angie leads them to an empty hallway. The hallway looks like the inside of a hotel. There are 8 doors across from each other. "Pick any room" "Except for the first one, that one's mine" Angie continues. "Dibs on the second one!" Blake adds still smiling. "Someone else pick the second one please" Angie says. "I'll take it" Eden answers. "What did I do?" Blake tells them. "I'll take the third one" Tj adds. "Fourth!" Aidan replies. "I guess the fifth one is fine" Cameron responds. "Really?!" Blake finishes. "The rooms are all pretty much the same so there's no need to want a specific one" Angie tells them (specifically to Blake). "The sixth room is okay" Blake adds. "Good" "Put your stuff in your room and unpack" Angie says. "Tomorrow we will start training" she continues. Angie leaves the hallway. Everyone starts to make their way to their room. Tj is in her room unpacking. It is 7:13 pm later on. She reaches in to her suitcase to find a picture of her mom, dad, and her. A smile appears on her face. I wish you were here she thinks. In the photo her mom was wearing a dress with blue flowers on it. Her hair was up in a bun and her dad was wearing a red squared shirt. Everyone used to say that she looked like her dad when she was little. Same eyes, nose, and smile. Tj had more of her mom's personality. A small tear ran down her cheeks. There was a knock at the door. Tj wipes out the tear and puts the photo down in her bed. She opens the door. "Good morning!!" Blake says. "It's the afternoon.." Tj responds. "Same thing" he answers. "Clearly you're in a good mood" she adds. "I'm finished unpacking my stuff" Blake adds. "Me too" "Kinda- I mean I just need one more thing but it's small" she replies. "What is it?" he asks. "It's just a photo" she responds. Tj turns to her bed to look at it. Blake notices and he looks at it too. "Is that you in the middle?" he asks. "Yup" "I was four years old and my parents had just taken me to the fair" Tj replies. "It was the best day ever.." she says. There was something about the way she said best day ever that expressed sadness in her voice.  "Well.. are you excited for training?" he asks. "Not at all, I don't even know how to protect myself" she answers. "Tell me about it" Blake responds. "At least we have a very talented trainer to teach us" he adds. "Angie? Yeah she's pretty cool" Tj says. "Take out the cool in that sentence" Blake tells her. Tj laughs. "Anyways I have to go" "See ya!" Blake says as he leaves out the door. "Bye" Tj adds. Meanwhile in Aidan's room Cameron and him were talking. "So are you excited for tomorrow?" Aidan asks. "Excited?" "Is everything here a joke now?" Cameron continues. "What do you mean?" Aidan replies. "I'm supposed to believe that a girl that is the same age as us will accurately train us for- what? The zombie apocalypse?" he answers. "Pretty much" Aidan adds. Cameron rolls his eyes. It was the next morning. Tj woke up to the sound of loud knocking at her door. She rubs her eyes and makes her way to the door. "How long does it take for you to open a door?!" Angie says. "Sorry" Tj replies. "It's whatever, meet me in the training room in 10 minutes" she tells her. Angie leaves. "Great" Tj adds sarcastically. She makes her way to the training room. All of her friends were there already. The training room looks like a gym. There are 3 boxing bags, 7 pairs of boxing gloves all sizes, and more. "Ready for your first lesson?" Angie asks. "Aren't you too young to train us?" Cameron replies. Angie turns to him a bit annoyed. "I know a lot more than you do when it comes to fighting" "I bet you haven't even had a real fight in your life" Angie answers. "No.." Cameron says. She gives him a why are you even here look. "Don't worry you'll learn" she adds. It was a month later. They all pretty much learned how to fight. Although Blake didn't really catch up. After training Angie knocks on Blake's room one day. He opens the door. "Angie! What makes you stop by?" Blake asks. "Is there something distracting you from training?" "Not gonna lie, you are not the best at fighting" Angie replies. "Actually.. There is" he says. "What is it then?!" she asks. "It's someone not something" Blake adds. "Well you better do something about it because-" she stops herself. "Because what?" he responds. "You know what.. I think my mom needs me" Angie lies. "No she doesn't" Blake replies. There is silence. "Can I come inside?" she asks. He opens the door wider. Angie walks in. She pulls out something from her pocket. It was a note. "Read it" she says. Blake glances at the paper.
We know where you are, you can't hide forever. Not you or your brother. See you soon Angelina.
"Who gave this to you?" he asks. "I found it in my room" Angie answers. "What is it for?" Blake continues. "I don't know, but we're in trouble" she responds. "Are you sure it's not just an old note?" he asks. "The paper feels brand new" Angie says. "Here's the thing..I don't have a brother" she adds. Eden walks in. "Have you ever heard of a thing called knocking?!" Blake tells her. "Have you ever heard of a thing called locking your door?!" Eden responds. "Am I interrupting something?" Eden asks raising her eyebrows. "No!" both Blake and Angie say. "I just wanted to know if you guys wanted to play Uno with the rest of us" she answers. "Sure" Blake replies. "Okay.." Angie adds. They make their way to Eden's room. Angie accidentally drops the note on the hallway but doesn't notice. Cameron, Tj, and Aidan were already there. Tj is shuffling the cards. "Hey guys!" Aidan says. "Hey," Blake answers. Everyone sits down on the floor in a circle. "I call going first!" Eden says. She puts down her card and the game continues. They played for about 40 minutes. "I think i'm going to leave now" Cameron tells them. "Are you mad that you lost every round?" Angie laughs. Cameron shoots an annoyed look at her. "It's not my fault you had a bunch of draw fours and used them all on me!" he replies. "I guess you were just unlucky" she answers. Cameron leaves. "It's just a game" Tj adds.  "He has problems" Blake says. "I actually have a date with Lucas so I better get going" Eden tells them. "You what?!?" Blake replies. "I have a date, I don't think you know what that is since you've never been to one" Eden responds. "That's it" "I'm going to kill you!" Blake continues. Eden runs out the hallway and Blake follows. Tj, Aidan, and Angie were left in the room. "They always make me laugh" Tj says. "Blake and Eden? Yeah they're hilarious" Aidan adds. "See you later.." Tj adds. She leaves the room.