Atonement

Amara's POV

I rushed to the throne room in a attempt to find Tommen and was glad when he was there sat upon the iron throne .

"Tommen?"

"Yes Amara ? Did my mother send you ?"

"No Tommen your mother has been arrested"

"What?"

"The high sparrow has arrested her because of Lancel Lannister"

"Well I need to set her free"

I almost rolled my eyes at Tommen's naivety.

"Do you really think the high sparrow will just let her free ? He has Margaery and Cersei . The most powerful people in Kings Landing"

I knew Tommen was the King but that didn't make him the most powerful Because it was rather clear that both Cersei and Margaery were more powerful than him and both of them was rotting in the dungeons.

"Well then what do you suppose I do?"

"The only way is violence but I don't think you want to do that do you?"

"No I do not"

"Then you won't be able to release your mother or your wife"

And with that I walked away from Tommen knowing he wasn't going to change his mind .

******************

The high sparrow and the high Septa finally allowed me to go and see Cersei which was good .

The septa led me through the dungeons without saying a word then disappeared once showing me Cersei's cell .

"Get out"

I looked at Cersei to see she was looking at the ground . She hadn't seemed to look up yet .

"It's me"

Cersei's head instantly snapped up as she heard me speak and honestly i had never seen her so happy to see me before .

Cersei stood up and grasped me in a hug to which I gladly returned .

"I thought you was the septa"

"No definitely not"

"My face is going to be the last thing that woman sees before she dies"

I took in Cersei's appearance her dress was now tattered , her hair knotted and a bruise had formed on the side of her face .

"Who did that?"

"That Septa"

"We need to get you out of here"

"There's no way to get me out . If I wasn't so caught up on getting revenge on the smirking whore then I would've never been put in here myself"

"I spoke to Tommen"

"What did he say?"

"He wants to set both you and Margaery free but he doesn't want any violence so He won't be able to do it"

"What crimes am I charged with ?"

"Incest and the murder of Robert Baratheon"

I saw Cersei grit her teeth at this not that I could blame her as I would be gritting my teeth aswell .

I was just more angry and scared at the punishment Cersei would get for committing these crimes .

"Amara just remember that whatever happens to me I will always love you"

"And I will always love you Cersei"

I began to hear the distant sound of the Septa's feet making there was towards us .

I quickly kissed Cersei and pulled away before the Septa unlocked the door . I knew that if the Septa saw then Cersei would get charged for yet another crime and I would be most likely joining her on trial or in punishment .

The Septa opened the door taking me away from the dungeons .

*******************

I watched from the sides as Cersei was brought forward with her hair cut extremely short and she was dressed in rags .

As soon as I heard Cersei had confessed and would be doing the walk of atonement I made sure to get there so I could be there for her even though she wouldn't see much of me until she got back to the Red Keep .

"Before You is a sinner
Cersei of House Lannister . Mother of his grace Tommen . Widow of his grace Robert Baratheon . She has confessed her sins and begged for forgiveness . She will cast aside all pride and present herself as the gods made her too you the good people of the city . Naked before the eyes of all gods and men to make her walk of atonement"

I gritted my teeth at the high sparrow's words and how two of the septa's pulled the rag from Cersei's body revealing her naked body for all prying eyes to see . I grew angry at the fact everyone in Kings Landing would be seeing what was mine .

Cersei began to make her way down the steps and through the crowds whilst the Septa's rang a bell and repeatedly shouted

"Shame"

Not long after the peasants began to start shouting

"Bitch"

"Fucker"

"Cock Sucker"

"Whore"

And many more insults we're sent Cersei's way whilst they threw food , shit and slop Cersei's way .

I doubled back to get to the Red Keep so that when Cersei got there I would be able to be there for her .

****************

The doors to the Red Keep opened to reveal a naked and broken looking Cersei .

I walked towards her and instantly covered her up knowing that she would want to hide her naked body as soon as possible.

"It's ok it's over now"
I whispered .

I waved everyone off telling them that we would be fine from here .

Once in Cersei's chambers I made sure to get a bath ready for her as she clearly needed it .

I cleaned away all the slop on her body knowing she was currently in no state to do that herself .

"At least it's out of the way"

I attempted to be reassuring but it probably didn't work .

"The people of Kings Landing will always remember me as the events that happened today"

"That's why you have to do something more memorable than this that benefits you"