Adoption day

"Hey Luke" I said getting out of my moms car "love you" she said sweetly. "Love you to mom" I said. It was about 10 through 15 days since my dad got home. I was at Luke's house and we were going to skate night of course. "So.." I trailed off walking in his room. "You like Keva? Don't you?" Luke immediately asked and I stammered a bit "w-well she's pretty b-but.." I trailed off, his smirk grew wider. "Then it's settled then, tonight is your guys date night" he said and before I could respond he put his hand up. "Trust me" he said. Getting his straightening iron from his drawer. That straightening iron could straighten hair, but not my confused sexuality. He straightened my hair and made me wear Ax.

We got to skate night soon after and he basically left me with Keva. Me and her messages on Facebook but never really talked. We knew a lot about each other though. She immediately hugged me. Her long brown hair moving with her. "Hi" she said breathing in "hi" I said hugging her. We hung out the entire night, finally after two hours. Skate night was coming to an end. "Are you gonna kiss me or..?" She trailed off looking up at me "I uh.. Don't laugh but.." I trailed off scratching the back of my head "I've never kissed a girl before.." I said looking up and around at anything but her. "Aw that's so sweet!" She beamed "I-it's is?" I stuttered. Okay I had kissed guys, yes. Girls? Nope. Suddenly she pulled me down into her hug and I picked her up, swinging her around. Suddenly, we just.. kissed. Just like that.

"B-bye" I stuttered setting her down quickly and running out of skate night to sit my Luke on the bench. "I uh... We kissed" I said, expecting him to be proud but.. he just looked sad. Really sad. "Yeah" he said bitterly. Why was he mad at me? What'd i do? He set me up on the dumbass date anyways. "Hey don't forget you set me up on this date anyways" I said with a sly smirk. He scoffed as my mom pulled up and got into the car. Well, way to show me love.

We went back to my house and hung out, but he seemed. Distant. Very, very distant.

Weeks passed and me and Keva got more and more serious but. I did not love her. She said it multiple times and I told her the same but. I just didn't.

"I'm getting adopted soon" Luke said, a grin on his face "really! That's great!" I shouted hugging him at lunch, he let out a small laugh and hugged me back weakly. "When?" I asked "Friday at the court down in Jamestown" he said with a smile. I knew a lot about him, I knew him. I knew how he felt about everything, I guess except me. His favorite band? Black Veil Brides. His crush? Dakota. His favorite color? Blue. His favorite food? Well anything, he just liked food. His attitude? Cocky with a slight chance of sarcasm. How he felt about the adoption? It's only a way to stay away from foster care, these will never truly be my parents. This will never truly be my home. How he felt about me? Just a clingy guy friend. I knew this boy, I could tell how he was feeling just by his breathing. I loved this boy.

Days passed and it was finally adoption day. He's also changing his name. We went to the court and me and him messed around a lot. Talking and joking. We got called in and he was adopted, right then and there. His name was no longer Luke Bernal. It was now Justin Ron Jones. Justin. It just never felt right saying it though. Justin instead of Luke? It just did not feel right.

We went to a pizza place down in the junction and talked and ate. He even got adoption gifts. He got another phone to. I know I should've been happy for him but truth is. I was jealous. Really jealous.

I just wanted to be him, then and there. But I couldn't be him so I got pissed off, said my goodbyes and congrats and left to home to sulk about it to Keva. Then have her get all depressed and blah blah.