Chapter 12

Lexi's POV

I arrived back on the Quidditch field, safe from Voldemort, but leaning over Cedric's body. The past events came rushing back to me as I started crying my heart out.

Everyone's cheers died down as they realised I was crying and Dumbledore rushed over to me, gasping in shock. McGonagall came over, too.

"We have a deceased student," He whispered to McGonagall.

"Oh, dear," McGonagall whispered.

"Voldemort's back! He's back! He killed Cedric!" I told Dumbledore. He looked shocked at what I said but nodded, believing me.

Mad-Eye stepped forward and tried to pull me off Cedric's body but I didn't want to leave him. I eventually gave in and Moody pulled me back and patted my back reassuringly. Cedric's father eventually rushed down the stairs to his son, crying as well.

"Cedric, my boy! No!" Mr Diggory shouted, absolutely distraught. After he cried over Cedric for a while, he slowly came over to me.

"Lexi, thank you. Thank you for bringing Cedric back," Mr Diggory embraced me.

"I'm so sorry. I tried to stop him. He was protecting me," I cried into Mr Diggory's shoulder.

"I'm glad he died doing something honorable," He smiled a small smile at me before watching them carry away Cedric's body.

Harry started running down the stairs towards me. I ran and met him at the bottom of the stairs, needed his arms to reassure me.

"Shh, Lex. It's okay. You're safe now," Harry soothed me.

"Don't you get it, Harry? None of us are safe! Voldemort's back and he's going to kill us all!" I yelled at him, refusing to accept that 'everything is fine'.

I felt a hand pulling on my shoulder. Moody wanted me to follow him. I kissed Harry chasetly kissing him on the cheek before turning and walking with Moody to his office.

~*~

"There are many things you don't know about me, Lexi. I'm not who you think I am," Moody said after he locked the door to his office. Should I be worried right now?

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I put your name in the Goblet of Fire, I cursed Viktor Krum before the maze..."

"So you're responsible for everything that's gone wrong? Why?" I asked, furious.

"I already told you, I'm not who you think I am!" Moody shouted, pointing his wand at my neck, specifically at the hollow between my collarbones.

Was he going to kill me?