Chapter 14

Lexi's POV

All three schools were gathered in the Great Hall to say a farewell to Cedric. I was already in tears and was leaning on Harry's shoulder as he rubbed my arm, soothingly.

For once, no one in the Hall was smiling, laughing or even making a noise. You could feel it in the atmosphere that it was a sad time for everyone. When I quickly scanned the room, every face I saw had a sad expression; drooping mouths, tears, looking down.

"Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory," Dumbledore solemnly spoke.

Later in the Hall, I was awarded the Triwizard Cup. But it didn't feel like a rewarding achievment; it felt like another memory of Cedric, how we grabbed the trophy together. This was his Cup, too. I couldn't take it. I refused to hold the Cup and instead, went back to my seat.

After the final gathering in the Great Hall, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were farewelled as they returned home.

A/N: Sorry for the short and shitty chapter, guys. I'm hoping the next one'll be better