Chapter 1: Collide

In the Land of Dawn exists the six divisions of warriors, divided according to their own expertise. Mage, Marksman, Assassin, Fighter, Tank and Support. Every after six years, the royal families hold a competition welcoming any participants of any types. The participants must first choose a partner and in doing so, each of them shall impress each other to find their perfect pair. The winners shall have the honor to become a royal warrior and be recognized as the best of the best.

"Sis, shall we pair up and win the competition this year?" Harley, a mage, asked while having his dinner together with his sister.

Lesley looked at him sharply as if telling him that he is being absurd on what he just said.

"The competition is too dangerous for you to join in," Lesley replied before taking a bite from her red apple. Harley rolled his eyes upon hearing her answer.

"Sis, I have been through many dangerous missions, the competition will just be a piece of cake. Trust me," he insisted but Lesley is not convinced at all.

"You have been safe for you have your teammates with you," The pink-haired girl said after swallowing her chewed apple. "Plus, I have been behind you. I have saved you several times. Yes, I admit that you are strong for a kid your age but you still have a lot of things to improve."

"You're being overprotective, sis. I may lack a bit of strength but I have you, right? We could be a perfect pair," said the blonde boy as he puts on his hat which is similar to that of the mad hatter's.

"No," Lesley said sternly. "Just go and visit Nana or play with Harith. They could help you with your training. The competition is not for you."

Lesley grabbed her gun and waved from her little brother. She will be on her way to register for the said competition.  Upon arriving at the royal palace of Princess Odette, the place was packed with people. Hylos, Grock and Hilda are busy ushering the other participants to make the enlisting more peaceful and organized. Lesley made her way through the crowd and was able to reach the reception desk. On the desk, five people were enlisting the participants. Fanny, Tigreal, Lancelot, Eudora and Rafaela looked at her which in turn, she gave a small smile to them. She, then, faced Fanny and stated her name and role.

"Both an assassin and a marksman, huh, interesting," Fanny said as she wrote down the important details. "For you to officially join, you must first go through the first process. You've got to find a pair who also has a double role like you."

Lesley's eyebrows almost met at the middle of her forehead upon hearing those words. "What do you mean? That is not in the rules."

"It is now," Fanny said as she shows the rules of the said competition. "You've got to find a pair within the month or else you're disqualified."

With a hot temper, Lesley left the palace with annoyance plastered on her face. It would be harder for her to find a pair for she does not have a good social skill. She has been okay being alone, not having many friends or any groups, but at this moment, she wished she had thousands of lists of connections. She was thankful enough that she was given a month to find a partner but it may take her half of the month to look for a capable partner.

On the other hand, a guy with a brownish hair made his way to the palace of King Estes. Upon reaching the palace, he slapped his own face in his mind for he had overslept and now, he has to queue up in order to get registered. He went to the end of the line and has to wait for his turn. He looked in front of him and he could not see the reception desk due to the long line. Another slap for himself for not being a morning person.

"EHHH!!!!" a deafening shout behind startled him. Gusion looked behind and saw a girl wearing a violet dress. Her hair was curled, her bangs covered her entire forehead and a few strands of her hair are left hanging. A ribbon was tied at the back of her head which held most of her curly hair. Gusion could feel her aura belongs to that of a well-known family.

"I just left for 10 minutes and the queue has already been this long?'' the lady retorted as she slowly walks towards Gusion.

Guinevere lets out a heavy sigh of regret of leaving her line 10 minutes ago. She looks in front of her and noticed the three blades of Gusion.

"Mister," she called out as she taps on his shoulder. Gusion turns his head on the side to let her know she has his attention. "You're an assassin?"

Gusion simply nods in response.

"Then, shall we pair up?'' Guinevere suggested. "I have a double role, both a mage and a fighter. We can make a good pair."

"I'll pass the offer," Gusion replied. As much as possible, he would want to pair up with a guy for he thinks that girls are just a nuisance. They seem weak and fragile in his eyes, he wouldn't want to lose in the competition just because of a girl. It would be great shame and it would hurt his pride.

"Are you rejecting my offer just because I am a girl?" Guinevere asked as she looks at him sharply. She could sense his judgmental aura and it kind of pisses her off.

"Not really," Gusion defended. "I am just uncomfortable talking with strangers."

Guinevere did not really believe him, she knew when a guy is lying or not. It is one of her talent she could be proud of.

While the queue was starting to move, the two did not talk with each other anymore. Both of their eyes were set to the woman wearing the white vest of the royal warriors of King Estes. Her vest was trimmed with gold, she was wearing a white cap with a golden bird decorating it. She walked towards the entrance and meets up with a lady with a pink, long, braided hair holding a black umbrella.

"What did you call me for?" Lesley asked. ''I walked for half an hour just to reach this place. It got to be an important matter."

"We've got a mission for you before the competition," Miya replied.

"Sure! Just make sure you could suggest a good pair for me," Lesley added.

"Gusion is a good one," Miya said as they both enter the palace.

The whole conversation was heard by Gusion and Guinevere. The lady smirked as she stares at the browned hair guy.

"Would you want another assassin to be paired with you?'' she mocked. "A pair of assassin would become a pair of losers in the competition. I would be a better option for you."

"Really?" a guy from behind asked. Half of his face was covered by his high collared coat. He has dark hair but a few strands above his forehead are white. He is holding a violin which made the two wonder if he is applying to be a musician inside the palace. His dark clothing says otherwise, he seem to give off a gloomy aura or maybe the smell of death itself.

What awaits these warriors?