Chapter 12: Win or Lose

"Target locked," Lesley said to her partner as she holds the trigger of her rifle.

"I will take charge," Granger replied. "You will shoot the finishing blow."

Granger showed himself and shot Irithel who was taken by surprise. First... Second... Third... Fourth... Fifth... the Sixth shot took Irithel's remaining HP which now disqualified her in the game. Alpha, Irithel's partner, came charging which Granger did not expect. His HP was immediately halved. He was about to land a powerful blow but his HP was immediately reduced without him knowing that Lesley has been there as Granger's backup. Lesley smirked upon shooting the last bullet for Alpha, eliminating him from the game. Lesley rejoined Granger.

"Good work," Granger said which Lesley responded with a nod. Her left eye is covered, still unhealed for the Vance family could not figure out what kind of magic old Paxley used. They've tried other cancelling spells but they failed to bring her eyesight back. Thanks to Granger who helped her in her training, she was able to get used to using only her one eye. They both decided to pair up since they are training together.

The two stopped on theur track when they heard a noice coming from the north. Lesley gave Granger a nod before climbing up a tree to have a better view of the vicinity. They waited for the strangers to show up. Granger saw Layla who is a malefic gunner which Alucard had said before. She is with Eudora, a lightning sorceress. Granger gave Lesley a signal not to shoot as for that moment. He will initiate the attack and Lesley will shoot them during their clash. Granger blinked across the two which the two girls did not expect. He immediately activated his ultimate shot using his violin by shooting 6 bullets at the same time. Eudora was able to stun him for a moment before her HP was in a critical state. Lesley shot her and Eudora was out from the game. Layla, who could still fight, shot her laser-like weapon towards Granger which greatly decreased his HP. Lesley shot her four times in a row and her HP is no longer there. She's out but her last shot was directed to Granger, eliminating him as well.

"Looks like you've got to find another partner," Granger said as he removes the bracelet which signifies being a part of the competition.

"You have to be more careful," Granger warned. "There are only four players left, including you. Best of luck."

"Thanks a lot. I owe you," Lesley replied. "I will surely pay you back."

Granger gave her a sweet smile before entering the exit portal which leads to the Swan Palace where the eliminated players are gathered. Lesley lets out a sigh before going on her way to find the remaining players.

On her way, she heard two people conversing. She immediately hid. Her camouflage  was useful for her to hide and see who the remaining people are. When she was able to keep her distance from the newcomers, she felt mixed emotions swirling inside her. Anger, vengeance, anxiety, fear and pity for herself. She calmed herself so that she could not make any rush actions that would cause her elimination. When she's about to leave Gusion and Guinevere, they sensed her presence.

"There!" Gusion quickly said as hr throws his dagger towards Lesley. The now blonde girl dodged the dagger and ran. The two mages chased after her. Gusion could still see her for the image becomes distorted when Lesley uses her camouflage.

Lesley saw another player, he seems to be floating. He charged towards her as he yelled, "Duck!"

Lesley did what she was told to do. Uranus was shot by Gusion's dagger instead of Lesley. The sniper immediately found a place for her to shoot as Uranus take all the damage. Lesley raised her rifle and locked on her first target, Guinevere. Uranus belongs to the tank clan so he has great defense no matter how strong the enemy are. Guinevere thumped towards Uranus which stunned him and she even shot her supermagic which lowered Uranus' HP. Uranus was immobilized in mid-air, this chance was taken by Gusion to shot his daggers towards him. Lesley, on the other hand, has greatly caused damage on Guinevere which lowered her HP. The female mage was able to locate the sniper so she released her supermagic, knocking Lesley back. Gusion shot a dagger towards her which she barely dodged. The dagger caused a small cut on her thigh. She immediately activated her tactical grenade behind her for she knew too well that Gusion wpuld blink behind her. Gusion was knocked back which kept a certain distance between them. Gusion shot his daggers at the same time while Guinevere thumped towards her which would really eliminate her but Uranus came and covered Lesley from the damage. Lesley is safe.

"Shoot," he said to her when they are  temporarily immobilized by Guinevere's attack.
Lesley nodded and activated her tactical grenade once more causing Gusion and Guinevere to be knocked back. Lesley took that chance to shoot three bullets on Guinevere which removed her from the game. Guinevere was still able to release her supermagic which caused a great decrease on Uranus' HP. Gusion shot six daggers towards him but Lesley shot the three that was about to end her partner's HP. She immediately turned to Gusion and fired three more bullets while another set of daggers are thrown right at her. Her HP is in a critical state but Gusion was removed from the competition. The loud horn rang around the vicinity and fireworks are shot at the sky. This signifies the end of the game and the two winners have been chosen. Lesley and Uranus exchanged smiles as an acknowledgement and congratulatory action.

Lesley's and Gusion's gaze met. The male assassin can't take his eyes off from the eyepatch Lesley is wearing. He also noticed that she has changed her hair colour, from pink to blond. Gusion did not say a word, he removed his bracelet and heads to the Swan Palace, together with the whining Guinevere.