Chapter 6: Land of Dusk

The Land of Dawn is slowly being covered by the dark. The sun is setting, its rays creating orange colors at the sky. The chilly wind starts to blow stronger as the rustling leaves sways with it. The quiet land is relaxing for its beautiful view and its peacefulness.

Well, not until a loud explosion blasted near the palace of Queen Aurora. The ice queen was sleeping soundly that time so she did not notice the commotion outside her palace. Her people are in panic but they did not dare to wake her up or else they'll freeze for weeks just like the last time they disturbed her.

The royal guards went outside to keep the commotion from reaching the queen. They were suddenly wiped out when Aldous jumped in their direction.

"Don't interfere!" he said as he charges towards the long,dark-haired guy. His one eye is covered by his black hair. He weilds a sword and  rides a dark horse.

"Don't think you could win against me!" Leomord said as he charges towards Aldous.

He first hit the ground with his sword and suddenly, the ground shook, it rose up and formed spiked huge stones which made Aldous back out. Leomord still charges onwards while Aldous jumped in mid air and was about to land a strong blow on Leomord but they suddenly froze in place. They look like an ancient relic inside a huge iceberg.

"You dare wake me in my sweet slumber?" Queen Aurora said coldly. She turned her attention to the royal guards and gave them a sharp look.

"You better wake me if this happens again," she said before returning to her quarters.

Before the sun could finally set, the portal separating the underworld from the human world opened.

A bat-winged lady with a pair of horns sticking on her head appeared. Behind her is a lady wearing a dress that seems to be petals of red roses. Her eyes glowing gold. Alice and Vexana.

They walked towards the entrance of Queen Aurora's palace and the royal guards prevented them from entering.

"Ok," Alice calmed herself, trying to suppress the feeling of devouring the life out of them. "We need an audience with Queen Aurora."

One guard entered the palace and informed the queen of the arrival of the two leaders of the underworld. Queen Aurora motioned him to let them in.

"What is it that you want?" she asked calmly as she sits on her frozen throne.

"We'd like to propose something involving the competition you'll be holding," Alice replied.

"Uhuh," Queen Aurora responded, feeling uninterested.

"We'd like our players to take part in it," Vexana said which caught the queen's curiosity.

"That seems interesting," she said as she stands and motioned them to follow her.

"Where are we going?" Alice asked as they enter an empty room, only a single door across them is present.

"We've got to discuss the details with the other royalties. Your suggestion is quite interesting," Queen Aurora replied as she opens the door. The two demons covered their eyes since a bright light seem to blind them. When they opened their eyes, they are in a different place, away from the icy and snowy land of the ice queen.

"The royalties are still gathered in King Estes' palace, it is the perfect place for discussion and negotiation," said the ice queen.

As they enter the palace, the royal guards stopped them upon seeing the two demons.

"What is this?" Miya asked as she draw her bow and arrow, wanting to shoot the unexpected demons.

"Chill," Queen Aurora said as she blows some chilly wind towards the lady. "They're visitors, trust me."

Miya knew Queen Aurora would not be so careless to let two demons cause another rampage so she let her bows down and lead them to the function hall. She also called the other royalties, so they could have a talk with the two underworld.

King Estes, Princess Odette, King Minsitthar, and Queen Kadita came walking and saw the two demons seating comfortably in the function hall together with the ice queen. They all took their seats and Princess Odette decided to start.

"What did the two representatives of the Land of Dusk come here for?" she asked calmly. Her voice is soothing like a child's playful laugh.

"We heard you'll be holding the Conquest of Dawn," Alice started. "We also hold such event once in a while but it is not as enjoyable as compared to yours. Considering the numbers of our players, the game will eventually become boring and bland. So, our king, King Argus, came up with a solution. He wanted thr Land of Dawn and Land of Dusk together to compete in this game. He suggested that the rules of the game would be decided by all of us so it would be fair and square."

"I like the idea of that," King Estes commented. "It would be more of a challenge for each player to go against warriors of their opposite. I agree with that, how about the others?"

"I only have one question," Kng Minsitthar said. Everyone looked at him. "Is there an intention behind this?"

"No, King Minsitthar," Vexana said.

"The two of you were just defeated by a team of our side, I have this feeling you are scheming something," the king replied.

"That is true but we hold no grudge against them. What we came here for is pure business, no other intention. Plus, we are under strict supervision by our king," Vexana replied.

"Ok," the king simply responded. "Shall we start with the discussion of the game?"

King Estes ordered his head messenger to go and announce the postponement of the Conquest of Dawn. The game shall be the competition between the two different and separated lands; Land of Dawn, the land of the rising sun, versus the Land of Dusk, the land of the setting sun.

Which side shall prevail?