Chapter 1 // Home?

Kara stepped through the blue portal and was met by a busy street. A car was racing towards her so she quickly flew up, not wanting to do damage to the car. Mid-air Kara looked around and saw where she was, she rushed to an alley at her apartment complex and quickly changed into the clothes she had stashed away. She grabbed her keys from her pocket and walked to the building. She got inside and took the stairs to the third floor. She walked up to the hall her door was located at and started whistling, just some tune she knew, she arrived at her door and put her keys in her lock, only for it to fail to get in. A crinkle appeared as she tried again, nothing. The key wouldn't fit. She quickly grabbed her phone to call Alex but saw she had a couple of calls from Lena. 

She quickly dialled Lena's number and called. Within seconds Lena answered. In her usual chirpy voice Kara asked "What can I do for you?" 

There was some sort of sound at wherever Lena was but Kara couldn't place what it was yet. "Come home, darling." Was all Lena said before ending the call. Kara was about to say something when she heard the tone indicating the call was ended. She pulled the phone from her ear and looked at it confused. She shrugged and quickly changed into her suit. With that she flew outside to Lena's house, where she had been a couple times, Kara waited out in the alley beside the ginormous building until about fifteen minutes after the call.

She walked to the front entrance and entered the building. The front manager greeted her and said "Good day miss Kara, you can continue walking to her private elevator." Kara grinned and nodded, the man, who was quite old, was a bit less formal than before which was a huge step forward. And with that she walked to Lena's private elevator, she put her finger on the finger scanner and with that she heard the elevator started to move. She only had to wait a minute until the elevator was at the ground floor. When the doors opened she stepped inside and pushed the button for it to go up. The doors closed and with her foot nervously tapping on the floor Kara waited.

The bell dinged and the doors opened, Kara stepped outside and walked the long hallway to Lena's front door. She politely knocked and waited for Lena to open it. When Lena finally opened the door she gasped, because Lena had a baby in her hands. Lena motioned for Kara to step inside by opening the door more and with that Kara stepped inside, her eyes never leaving Lena and the sleeping baby.

Kara ask the inevitable question "What am I doing here, Lena? Not that I- I don't hate babies. But- You know?" Kara hesitantly asked it, since Lena looked quite tired and knowing women she knew she shouldn't be to harsh, luckily there wasn't any judgement in her voice. 

Lena looked at the baby in her hands, and the finger the child was holding, she looked up again and said "I thought I was pretty straight forward? To come home."

Kara wanted to scoff but that would have been quite unpleasant so she said "But I- I don't live here," Kara looked down at the baby at the baby and said "Is it," She didn't want to assume the gender since the child was wearing purple "yours or something?"

Lena was looking down at the time and looked up, a smile formed on her lips. She simply said "Ours."

Kara took a step back, hands up in front of her, trying to distance herself from Lena and the child. When the first layer of shock left Kara's body she shook her head in disbelief and said in a hushed tone"That- That can't be. No-"

Lena sighed and said "I'm sorry but I am speaking the truth."

Kara raised her voice and almost yelled "No! You're lying!"

Lena took a hesitant step forward and said "It was Cadmus Kara. They combined our DNA, they made two children."

Kara gasped and said "Two?!"

Lena calmly said "Yes, two. Connor is in bed, but he isn't our child if you want to hear that. He is Kal-El's and Lex' child."

"Wait- Kal-El has a child? But- why isn't he with him then?"

Lena sighed and looked down, after a couple of seconds she looked up again and said"He didn't want him."

Kara slowly lowered herself on the ground and breathed out "Okay, I can do this." She put her head in her hands and after some time she looked up at Lena who was standing there clearly uneasy "I- I am going to help you. It's our child so- I should help, yes." Kara didn't know who she was trying to win over that that would be the decision but she stood up and walked to Lena. She held out her hands and Lena gently placed the child in Kara's arms. Kara looked up from the child and asked "What's her name?" Kara knew she was a girl since she could see her features very clearly.

Lena smiled and said pride filled in her voice "Lexie Luthor, I named her, I also kinda named her after Alex, knowing she means much to you," Kara nodded and with that Lena said "Come I need to give you something." Kara tilted her head to the side but decided to follow Lena when the other woman started to walk. 

The thing Kara quickly noticed was that Lena was walking to the kitchen since she looked up from time to time from the sleeping child in her arms. Suddenly Lena stopped next to her and held her hands out, reluctantly Kara gave Lena the child, while Lena was grinning. When Lena had the child safely in her hands she said "The envelope on the island." 

Kara looked confused at her but quickly turned to the kitchen island and grabbed the envelope on it. She felt something inside and let it fall in her hand, it were two rings. One was a simple golden band and the other was a silver decorated ring with diamonds and an emerald. Kara read 'Lena' on the inside of the golden band and looked confused at Lena, a crinkle appearing between her eyes. "What are you trying to say?"

Lena looked at her and simply stated "That we are married."