Chapter 9 // PAW Patrol

Kara woke up by the feeling of lips on her head and the smell of fresh food. A smile formed on her lips as she slowly opened her eyes. She looked to the side of the bed and saw Lena standing there with a tray in hand, filled with quite some food. Lena looked guilty or some sort. So Kara quickly sat up and looked at Lena confused.

The woman planted the tray in Kara's lap and said "I'm sorry for yesterday evening."

Kara shook her head and said "No apologies needed, you aren't used to something like this, so- so I get it. This isn't normal and the only think you have ever had was people leaving you. But that isn't reality for you anymore. I will stay."

Lena nodded and with that Kara patted the vacant place on the bed beside her, where Lena normally would sleep, Lena shook her head and explained when a crinkle appeared between Kara's eyes "Connor is downstairs eating, somebody has to look after him."

Kara smiled and nodded "Thank you for this breakfast, you don't need to offer me apology food or anything." Lena nodded and with that she left. Kara looked back at the stack of pancakes on the tray and slowly started devouring them, enjoying every single one of them.

Suddenly she heard a loud shriek so she quickly stood up. She was in the middle of placing the tray down when she heard a distraught "Kara!" yelled by Lena. So using her super speed and her super hearing she found Lena in a matter of milliseconds. Standing in Lexie's room while she stared up. 

Kara followed her line of sight and saw a flying baby on the ceiling. So she quickly flew upwards and securely brought Lexie down on the ground. Kara looked at Lena for help, but the other woman was just standing there in shock. A whole minute passed with the only thing that was hearable was Lexie's giggling. 

Kara was the first to break the 'silence' "I-I think we need some sort of emitters to stop their powers from developing."

Lena stupidly nodded and said "I-Your powers are from the sun, right?" Kara nodded "And there are other colour suns so... I- I think I can make a red sun emitter if I work on it." Kara stared down at Lexie and nodded. 

While looking at Lexie Kara asked "Has Connor shown any clues that he might have powers already?"

Lena's eyes were positioned on Lexie as she said "No, he didn't."

"Good-Good," Kara looked up at Lena "Just to be sure make two bracelets or something. Just- make sure I don't get affected by it when I am holding them or something,"  Lena nodded and with that Kara talked further "This- This isn't anything bad. We- We just have to give them the best childhood as possible. And that means no powers outside home. And absolutely no powers until they are four and can think a bit rationally."

Lena hummed in response and with that Kara held a hand out, while she held on tight onto Lexie with the other one, Lena grabbed it and with that Kara pulled her to the living room where Connor happily was munching on his pancakes while being totally in trans by the television. Kara sat Lena down on the couch and put Lexie in her hands. With that Kara walked back to their bedroom and came back with the tray in hand. She sat down beside a stunned Lena and slowly started to eat.

While her mouth was full she asked "Whaht ish-" She stopped mid sentence and gulped her food down. "What is wrong?"

"You- How can you be so relaxed by this? Like eating food like nothing happened?"

Kara chuckled and while cutting a new piece of pancake she explained "I get grumpy when I don't eat, but don't tell Alex I said that! Otherwise she would be all up on my face," Lena nodded "But, I-I think it isn't that of a big deal. I suspected this would happen with my powers and all. It is a bit too soon for my liking, but I can't change it."

Lena nodded again and with that Kara looked at her, a piece of pancake on her fork, and asked "Have you already eaten?"

Lena smiled and said "Yes I have, thank you for asking. Are you enjoying the pancakes?" Kara smiled, trying to not open her mouth since it was filled with pancake and nodded. Lena clearly could make divine pancakes.

Kara looked back at the television and asked, when her mouth was finally empty "What are you watching Connor?" It was some show about animated dogs? Kara clearly didn't know since she never had the age that she watched toddler television. But Connor, being the age he is, clearly like the show about the animated dogs in costumes.

Connor turned back and said a bit excited "It's PAW Patrol ieiu! It's about these dogs Marshall, Rubble, Chase, Rocky, Zuma and Skye and they have their human leader named Ryder." Kara chuckled and nodded along with his excitement. That boy clearly had some sort of resemblance to her. 

"And you like it?"

He enthusiastically nodded and said "I love it! It's just great! Every episode is different and-and Chase is just so cool!"

Kara chuckled again and saw from the corner of her eye that Lena was chuckling too "Which one of the dogs is Chase?"

He enthusiastically pointed to the screen but Kara couldn't decipher who he meant, but luckily he said "The German Shepherd!"

Kara gasped and asked "Do you know the names of all the dog kinds they are?" He nodded "That's- wow. Did I ever tell you that we are proud of you?" He tilted his head to the side and stayed silent before finally shaking his head "Well-Then you will hear it now. Connor, we are pro-"

Out of nowhere Kara heard a weird noise, she stood up and commanded "Connor, stay close to mommy." With that she walked to the front door. She opened the door and...

A/N I'm the biggest asshole for doing that. You're welcome :)