Chapter Three

Author's Note: Hey! So here you go, chapter three :) Hope you enjoy it, and leave a comment/vote! xx

Chapter Three

We were on our way home, after finally crying ourselves out. My eyes still felt somewhat raw, like they always did after I cried.

   To have something to do, I picked up the green leaflet the doctor gave my mum and I started browsing through it.

    “Don’t bother with that crap,” my mother stated. I turned around to see her looking at the leaflet pointedly.

    “This actually looks interesting,” I insisted.

     She scoffed. “I don’t need a… support group. I have my experience and I have very helpful friends, and I have a great sister and most of all, I have you.”

    “But mum, that’s not the point. None of the people listed there are currently single and pregnant.”

    She didn’t reply and stared straight at the road.

    “And anyways,” I continued when I was sure she wouldn’t say anything more, “how much can I help you with anyway?”

    “I don’t need to go out and spill out my worries to a bunch of strangers while we sit around in a circle holding hands,” she retorted.

    I rolled my eyes at her.

    “I don’t think that’s what they do here mum,” I looked back down at the leaflet. “It’s more like just making friends, eating and like doing fun… pregnant woman stuff.”

    “Well, doesn’t that sound absolutely delightful,” she drawled sarcastically.

     “It does,” I said persisting at the topic. “Just give it a try. It won’t hurt.”

     “If you like it so much, how about you go?”

     “I’m not pregnant,” I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

     “Well, the pregnant lady doesn’t want to go,” she said triumphantly as she stopped at a traffic light.

    “Mum,” I whined, dragging out the word. “Stop being so stubborn.”

     “I’m not being stubborn,” she said as the light turned green. “I just simply have my mind set.”

     “That’s the same thing!”

      “Give it up Tay,” she frowned. I stayed quiet for a while, my mind working furiously, trying to come up with some sort of way to get her to go.

     “Just go tomorrow and see,” I said and she groaned, I continued on nonetheless, “If you don’t like it, you never have to go again.”

     “No.”

     I knew now that the only option I had left was a bargain.

    “If you go and give it a chance tomorrow… I will do the dishes today, tomorrow and Saturday, even though tomorrow and Saturday is your turn,” I said. My mum turned to look at me, a doubtful look on her face.

     “Mother,” I snapped, “Eyes on the road.”

     She immediately turned back towards the road. I smiled.

     “Why the hell are you so… desperate to get me to go to this… cult?”

     “Cult? Really mum?” I laughed.