Chapter 3 - First Day of School

Thinking = 'hi!'

Writing = "hello!"

Normal talking = "hope you enjoy!"

Bara's POV

Dinner was unusually quiet at the Sakamaki household. 'Why are they so quiet?' I silently wondered. 'Aren't they brothers or something?'

Reji looked at me and asked, "Why aren't you in your uniform yet?"

I wrote down, "What uniform?"

Sighing, Reji explained to me what was going to happen. "You will now be attending night school with us. Your sister is also going to come with us as well, and you won't be the only humans there so don't worry."

I almost snorted but stopped myself just in time. If I did snort then the brothers would start asking me what I find funny and I really don't feel like coming up with a lie right on the spot.

All too soon we were in a long and shiny limo, trees whizzing past us as we drive to school. I closed my eyes and yawned a bit, then stuck my earbuds back into my ears.

"Did you not sleep well?" Reji asked patiently.

"Was I supposed to sleep?" I wrote with an annoyed look on my face. "You should've told me sooner smarty pants!"

Reji looked at me in shock, probably not used to being talked back by one of the sacrificial brides or any girls for that matter.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" I wrote before snickering. The triplets joined me as well and soon the whole car was laughing. As soon as the sound increased I immediately regretted writing that. 'I could've had some sleep on the car at least before going to class! Now they've ruined the chance! Oh well, I'm way too smart for my age, those scientists made sure of that! I'll just skip class and go sleep somewhere peaceful.'

*~*

When we got to school, I realized that the Sakamaki brothers must be really popular at school. So as soon as I got out, I rushed to the side of the school, hoping that no one saw me. Looking above, I decided to climb to the rooftop since it's the quietest place most of the time. Going back a few feet, I jumped up onto the second ledge window and continued to jump up the stories like a cat. When I got to the roof, I leaped over the edge and sat on the floor, taking in the beautiful view the roof gave me.

The moon was full and peeking over a few wispy clouds. The stars were all just little pinpricks of light that danced across the sky. The forest beyond the school was dark and mysterious and overall welcome looking to me. Suddenly, the door behind me opened and someone stepped out.

"Oh!" I heard a girl's voice call out. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know that someone was here. I'll just be going now."

Taking out my notebook and pencil, I wrote, "It's fine, no need to worry. You can stay as well if you'd like."

"A-are you sure?" the girl's voice asked.

"Yep."

Sitting down next to me, I glanced sideways at the girl. She had long purple hair tied back in a braid and green cat eyes. She also wore the standard black uniform we had on and a silver bangled dangled from her wrist.

She caught me staring at her and suddenly asked, "Your eye is so pretty. Why do you wear an eyepatch?"

I stared at her for a second before turning away. The girl must've thought that I didn't want to talk about it so she said that it was fine. But I was wondering to myself, 'Out of all the questions she could pick, why ask about my eyepatch?'