Chapter 6 - Truths

Thinking = 'hi!'

Writing = "hello!"

Normal talking = "hope you enjoy!"

Bara's POV

"I'm so sorry," Shu said with sadness. "That must've been what I felt when you sang that song, the feeling of losing Ruby." he sat down on the bed and gave my earbuds back to me. Then he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

The unfamiliar gesture made me confused. 'When was the last time anyone has hugged me or loved me?' Then, tears started rolling down my face. "Thank you," I whispered. "For everything."

I don't know exactly how long we just stayed like that, but after a while, I pulled apart and told him to not tell anyone or else I'll still kill him. I'm pretty sure Shu understood that I'll tell everyone when I'm ready, so he promised that he'll remain quiet. I don't remember what happened next, but the next thing I knew I was lying in my own bed in my own room with a soft breathing beside me.

I flipped over to the other side to find Shu sleeping with me. I wasn't really surprised or flustered, but I knew that Yui would've been. I wonder if she's a vampire yet, and how she's doing. I guess the talk we had made me start to care more about my foster sister, even though she's still too dumb to see a difference.

Like as if he was just waiting for me to awaken, Shu opened his eyes and stared at me. I don't know how long we held each other's gaze, but it felt like an eternity.

Breaking the staring contest, I sat up and removed the purple blanket off of me and looked at my right leg. It was already healed but I stared at the bloodied bandages. 'I'll have to change them soon.'

"Is your leg doing alright?" Shu asked me gently. "I can take you to the hospital if you'd like."

Taking out the pencil and notebook that I always keep with me, I wrote: "It's fine, It's already healed so you don't have to worry."

Blinking at me, Shu just got out of bed and teleported somewhere. I don't even bother trying to figure out where he is, I just hopped off the bed and walked to the clock on my wall. Looking at the time, it was 11:37 pm so I assumed that Shu told everyone else that I wasn't going to school and that he's going to stay home with me.

"What a worry wart," I quietly whispered to myself. "Why is he worried about me in the first place?"

"I'm worried about you because you're my new source of food." came a deep voice from beside me.

Turning my head I looked at Shu straight in the eye and said, "If you're fine with being controlled by me, go ahead."

"Wait, what?"

"When I was sleeping, I remembered letting a vampire accidentally suck my blood when I was young, he was also a test subject and the scientists at the lab wanted to figure out how I would react. Turns out I was able to control him since my blood flowed through him then. I killed him for that." I smiled at the last part, a real smile not a fake one.

"You look pretty when you smile," Shu whispered, but I heard it loud and clear.

'What does he mean?' I silently pondered. 'Does he actually care for me!? It's been so long since anyone loved me, I don't even remember what it feels like.'

"What are you thinking about?" Shu whispered into my ear. "Why don't you say it out loud?"

"Why do you ask so many questions, pervert!?" I shouted, annoyed at how weird Shu can be sometimes. "And how is my sister doing, is she a vampire yet?"