Chapter 30

Hey y'all and welcome back to Faster than the Night! I hope everyone's doing well. Again, please keep Granger Smith and his family in your thoughts and prayers, as they lost their youngest son River in a tragic accident.

I hope everyone's enjoying the novel so far! Please comment and give a like so I know what y'all are thinking!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lights went pitch black, eventually the bright white lights beaming towards the stage. I was getting so excited, I couldn't take it. Hailey and I were already getting jumpy and screaming as the music began to play to Rednecker by Hardy. He came running out onto the stage, beginning his song.

Before it played, I kissed Hunter on the cheek. We all sang along, raising our glasses in the air. I remembered my Kane Brown concert back in freshman year, when Granger Smith and Raelynn performed. If only I was in the mosh pit at that concert. Hardy got up so close, he even held my hand as he sang, making Hailey and I scream.

After Rednecker was over, he sang a few more songs before he introduced Morgan Wallen to the stage, Hardy exiting.

We all screamed as he sang The Way I Talk. After that he sang Redneck Love Song.

Hunter grabbed my wine cooler, putting it on the floor, as he took my hand as he danced with me. It was an upbeat love song, as we waltzed in our own way. This gave Bayfield the idea to do the same with Hailey, making Hunter and I laugh. I had finished my first wine cooler, and wasn't tipsy yet. However, I knew by my second one, I'd be a bit tipsy. To be honest, I was fine with it. We were going to have a blast tonight. When he finished with that song, we all screamed, as he sang Whiskey Glasses next, making us all raise our glasses as we sang along.

When he went off the stage, the intermission was going on before Cole Swindell finally came out. Bayfield went back up to get us all more drinks, leaving us alone with Hailey again.

"Girl I'm gonna get wasted tonight!" Hailey said, already sounding tipsy.

"I'll get tipsy with ya!" I told her as I laughed, looking back at Hunter who just smiled back at me.

I could tell he wanted me to enjoy the night, as this was my Christmas present. Just not so much that I wouldn't remember it the next morning. He was still aware that I was 19, and told me he would rather not have me drink anymore after my second drink. I agreed. I didn't want a massive hangover in the morning, but I did want to let loose and have a ball.

Bayfield came back just in time with our drinks. Hunter popped my top for me again, Bayfield doing the same with Hailey's. We were both drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade, her getting more tipsy off it than I was. She was very easily drunk, which is something I thought I was. That is, until I met Hailey.

The lights dimmed again, presenting Cole Swindell as he came running on the stage.

"How y'all doin tonight Atlanta?" he yelled as the music to See Ya Girl Came on, making him sing.

We all did the same, as I danced with Hunter. He twirled me around, eventually swaying with me behind me as he wrapped his arms around my stomach while I raised my glass and sang along. He twirled me around again as he sang along to the song, making me laugh, pulling me closer. I never wanted that song to end. Dancing, might I add a little dirty, with Hunter was all I needed.

While that song had to come to an end, Chillin It came on next, making us raise our glasses as we sang along. I was having the time of my life, getting so close to Cole. As soon as I pulled my phone out of my wristlet to video Cole singing, Hailey took it, turning on snapchat as she videoed us singing, the guys behind us. I didn't care enough to see if she had posted it. My parents would have killed me but who cares? I was 19 and I was safe.

I decided to take a selfie with Hunter to post on snapchat as well. He wrapped his arms back around my stomach, kissing my cheek as I snapped the picture. I loved that picture of us, the first picture we ever took together. I saved as soon as I posted it and put my phone back in my wristlet.

Ain't Worth the Whiskey was the next song he played, Hailey and I swaying side to side, raising our glasses as we sang along. We jumped up and down as soon as the chorus hit, making the guys behind us laugh. Flipping them off seemed to work, as we kept doing our thing. I was sure we were going to be best friends.

Nothing was better than this moment, this time with Hunter, Hailey, and Bayfield. I loved letting loose, and having the time of our lives while standing feet away from Cole Swindell himself.

Hailey and I decided we wanted a selfie with him, so we turned around and went to take the picture. We were interrupted however when someone took my phone. I was about to deck someone in the face, when I realized Cole Swindell took it and was talking a selfie with us on stage. When he handed the phone back, Hailey and I screamed as I jumped into Hunters arms, Hailey doing the same with Bayfield. I was worried I deleted it, when I realized he posted it on snapchat.

The rest of the night was spent singing along to the music, screaming as Hailey and I got excited, making the guys laugh. When the night had to come to an end, we all walked out to the parking lot together, saying our goodbyes before Hunter and I got into the truck.

"Thank you." I said, smiling at him.

"You're very welcome." he said before laying a kiss on my lips.

It took us about 45 minutes to get back to the apartment, due to all of the traffic leaving the arena. We pulled in the parking lot, Hunter opening my door for me as we got out.

"My feet really hurt." I said whining.

Before I could hear a response, he grabbed me by the thighs, throwing me over his shoulder as I kicked and screamed. He carried me up all three flights of stairs, without even being out of breath. Setting me down so I could open my door, he stood out by my welcome mat awkwardly with his hands in his pockets.

"Thank you for my Christmas present." I said, standing on my tiptoes to kiss him.

"You're welcome." he said as he laughed.

"Now let me give you yours." I whispered in his ear, as I pulled his head down to kiss me, his hands grabbing onto my waist, lifting me up to straddle his torso, as he moved his hands down to grip my upper thighs. The heat between us was spiraling out of control as he pushed me closer to him, taking us to my room, before shutting the front door.