Chapter 47

Hey everyone! I hope all is well and that you're enjoying Faster than the Night! So much has changed, but all is good when Baelynn's ok. What is going on with Layla's engagement? When will they get married? Will Elaine still be able to plan the wedding? Keep reading to find out! Also, please comment and give a like!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next two weeks were a bit nerve racking as I was cooped up on bed rest. My back was starting to hurt more, and my baby bump was certainly getting bigger. I would be five months pregnant at the end of this week and I was so excited.

During my time on bed rest, my family came to visit me. They mistakenly went up to my old apartment and were answered by the new tenants, an elderly couple that moved in from Colorado. Hesitantly, they ended up coming down to Hunter's apartment where we were living. My mom of course was judgmental over the whole place and how it was unfit for a child. Eventually, after all of her attitude I told her to leave, as she took my dad and Peter with her.

Bella and Layla came to visit and check up on me just as they did when I was almost kidnapped. They would bring Hunter and I food from the restaurants they would go to, and Hunter was definitely not complaining. He had taken off shifts to stay with me whenever we didn't have guests, which I was not complaining about. I loved spending as much time as I could with him, especially since he was still doing the construction business with Bayfield on his off days.

Hailey and Bayfield would come over at least three times a week and talk to us about what was new at the station, and how all the guys missed me more than Hunter, making me laugh. Henry was on thin ice with Oldan after the gender reveal party. Since he couldn't technically fire him for that, he was watching everything he did to find something to give him legal motive.

I was going back to work today, since yesterday was my last day on bed rest. While I was thankful to finally get out of the house, I didn't want to wear heels at all. My feet were starting to hurt and sometimes swell up when I wore uncomfortable heels.

I decided to wear a tight black dress that went down to my knees. The sleeves were a beautiful shade of blue, and the bottom was a coral color. After digging in the bottom of my closet, I found a pair of coral flats and thanked Jesus for them. I could not make it wearing heels anymore. Curling my hair, and putting on my light makeup, I realized my bruises had gone away on my face, and I was finally looking back to normal.

Shawn told me Luke would be locked up for a long time and that I wouldn't have to worry about him getting out anytime soon. I was so thankful for everything he did for me, even though we were cousin in laws.

When I finished getting ready, I grabbed my purse and looked in the mirror as I rubbed my baby bump.

"You're a fighter miss Baelynn." I said looking down at my bump before leaving the apartment.

I decided to put on my Raelynn playlist as I drove to the firehouse. It had been a long time since I had a proper Raelynn jam session in my Jeep and I decided to roll my windows down and crank up the volume as Rowdy came on.

Driving to the firehouse was actually more relaxing than I thought it would be. Somehow, it put my mind at ease as all my worries washed away with the sound of the music. When I pulled up to the parking lot, I was greeted by Hunter waiting by the rescue truck for me. He smiled as I pulled up, walking over to my Jeep to open my door for me. He was always such a gentleman.

"Hey beautiful." he said as he pressed a kiss to my lips, grabbing onto my waist with his hands, pulling me in close.

The soon to be five month baby bump made that a bit harder. We hadn't kissed like this in what felt like forever since I was on bed rest. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we both stepped back, my back pressing into the car door of my Jeep. I let out a quiet moan as his hand traveled down from my waist to my ass. Before we could open the door to my Jeep to have some privacy, we heard all the guys clapping and whistling. We quickly pulled apart as I laid my head on his chest in laughter and embarrassment.

"Y'all always gotta do that." I laughed as he took my hand in his, walking into the firehouse and pushing past all the guys.

When I got back to my office, I noticed a new picture frame on my desk. The photo of me in Hunters arms as pink confetti fell on us, revealing we were having a baby girl. On the back of the wooden frame was his writing in sharpie.

Elaine, there is no one I would rather have Baelynn with. You're the most beautiful, selfless, inspiring, independent, and feisty woman I have ever met. I can't wait to raise her together, and to see her become just like her mama. I hope for nothing more than for her to be just like you in every way.

I love my girls,

Hunter

I was shocked by his level of romance and amount of emotion he poured into this lovely note. Tears began to spring out of my eyes at how thoughtful he was. He was everything I could ever want in a man. I was his, he was mine, and Baelynn was ours.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I got a phone call from Layla, making me wipe away my tears before I answered the phone.

"Hey." I smiled as I sat down at my desk.

"Hey sis." she stuttered. "Ok I'm just gonna say it."

"Layla? Is everything ok?" I asked worriedly.

"Oh my god yea everything's just fine. Justin and I actually want to move up the wedding to five months from today." she said excitedly.

"Oh my god that's great!" I screamed, realizing the whole house probably heard me.

"Are you still up for planning it? If you can't that's definitely fine I know you've been through a lot." she said sympathetically.

"Sis I'd be damned if I let someone else plan your wedding that I've been trying to plan since freshman year." I laughed.

"Aw yay! Ok I actually wanted to go dress shopping this weekend. Do you think we could do it in Georgia? I don't want to make my maid of honor travel being five months pregnant." she said and I screamed again.

"I'm your maid of honor?!" I cried.

"Who else would it be?" she laughed as I continued to cry.

"Awww." I finally got out, trying to wipe the tears away. "Well yes there's tons of great shops in Atlanta!"

"Oh my god yes! Ok I'll let everyone know we're going to Georgia this weekend!" she screamed into the phone.

"I'm so excited!" I grinned.

"Me too! Oh gotta go Justin's calling me. I'll call you later!" she said before hanging up.

I was so excited to be my best friend since births maid of honor, and to be able to go wedding dress shopping with her this weekend here in Atlanta. Layla deserved nothing but the best, and that's what I was going to make sure she got as her wedding planner.