1 (ARCHIVED)

A two year old Lyla Stark hobbled across the stone floor, babbling quietly about something or another. Ned watched his child lovingly as she made her way towards the warm walls, heated by the warm water flowing through it.

"Ba." She said, smacking her little hand against his knee repeatedly. He watched her, a smile rising in his face.

"You just can't let me rest, can you?" Ned chuckled as Lyla tried to teeth on the wooden frame of the bed he and Catelyn shared.

"No no!" The little girl demanded, trying to pull herself onto the bed with her father.

"I got you," Ned moved to lift her up to the furs with him, only to have her cry out.

"No! I wanna do it!" She insisted, trying to get any kind of grip onto the smooth surface. Ned sighed, watching her try again and again to get climb up, but to no avail.

"Sometimes you have to ask for help with things, Lyla." Ned tried to reason. Finally, Lyla stopped trying, and allowed her father to lift her onto the soft furs.

Black locks of untamed hair fell carelessly over her shoulders, and the palest grey eyes stared up at him admiringly. If Ned looked closely enough, he could almost see a light lilac shine in them.

"It's almost your third nameday, pup." Ned reminded her. She bounced up and down excitedly.

"I get presents?" She exclaimed.

"Yes yes. As you have every year." He nodded, a slight roll of his eyes.

"I want a bow!"

"You're too young for a bow, and besides, you'll be too busy learning sewing and manners by then. How will you have time to learn how to shoot a bow?"

"I don't want to do sewing!" Lyla stuck out her tongue.

"You'll have to learn when you become a proper lady."

"No!"

"Lyla..." Ned sighed.

---

"She's quite like Arya, isn't she?" Ned observed as he and Catelyn walked down the hall towards the room where Rickon and Lyla slept.

"Quite. I can only hope she'll take up even the slightest interest in more ladylike skills." Catelyn shook her head worried for her growing daughter.

Their conversation paused as a loud scream came from the room, and the two rushed in. Ned practically kicked down the door as they heard Rickon crying.

Ned's breath caught in his throat as he stared at the sight before him. Little Rickon crying on the floor as a creature about the size of a bird let out gurgling noises as it looked around the room with wide, large eyes. It had wings like a bat, and iridescent purple scales that were quite beautiful.

As soon as the creature turned its head to Rickon, Ned ran to his youngest son, drawing a dagger from under his cloak to fend off the dragon with. It made a high pitched creaking noise, looking up at Ned with curious eyes.

When he was about to strike, fire engulfed the little dragon. The flames quickly died, and in its place laid their giggling girl Lyla. She looked up at them with a toothless grin. Ned stared, silent, as his dagger fell from his hand in shock.