12

Daenerys and her army stood outside the city of Meereen. Lyla wasn't really sure what she was waiting for.

A mounted knight rode out of the gates, racing across the open desert proudly. He was shouting loudly and cursing. The champion dismounted, challenging them and mocking them by whipping his cock out and pissing on the ground.

Grey Worm volunteered to be Daenerys's champion, as did Jorah and Barristan, but all were refused.

"My queen," One of Shrykes Daenerys remembered to be Bones spoke up. "Let me be your champion, I would like to prove my worth." Daenerys considered this, she didn't know these sisters very well yet, and it would be a good test of their skill.

"No, my queen," Daario said. "Let me kill this man for you. I am one of the last to join your army, and I promise you I am stronger than some lizard lady." Bones glared at Daario, who just sneered cockily.

"Bones, you will get many opportunities to prove yourself, as will your sisters." Daenerys said, and Bones bowed and backed away. "Daario. Don't fail me."

Daario walked out into the open area, refusing to take a horse. The other champion charged, and Daario took out a long thin dagger, kissing the naked, curvaceous woman carved on the handle. He threw the dagger, embedding it in the horse's eye. The horse and the champion fell, and Daario easily cut down the man after that.

The crowd of masters observing fell silent, shocked that their champion had been defeated. Now Daenerys addressed them clearly, not the masters, but the slaves. She spoke of their freedom, her previous successes, and the choice they could make to join her.

Catapults were rolled out, and launched crates at the city's walls. They easily smashed against them, revealing hundreds of broken slave collars.

Within a fortnight, the city was taken over. Lyla looked over the great masters who had been rounded up in the city. She was genuinely frightened when Daenerys ordered that one hundred and sixty three of these masters be crucified, starting that she will fight injustice with justice.

Lyla buried her face in Jorah's side, not wanting to look at the screaming people. She wasn't sure how to feel about the whole thing. On one hand, these masters were horrible people, yet on another this was a horrible, horrible death.

---

A long while passed in Meereen. It was very uneventful for Lyla, seeing as she was not allowed in the meetings Daenerys had or the audiences she had with citizens. The time that Lyla didn't spend in her room or flying across the lands, she spent talking or playing with Jorah. She liked to think that they were very good friends.

The Second Sons had been sent back to Yunkai to retake and enforce their hold on the city. Currently, Lyla flew over the lands surrounding the city.

Her eyes scanned over the land, and she noticed a man riding a horse out of the city. Lyla flew closer, realizing that the man was Jorah. She landed, changing back. He stopped the horse, looking down at her with sad eyes.

"Where are you going? Are you going to Yunkai too?" Lyla asked him.

"I need to leave. I have been exiled from the city." He said, barely able to say the words out loud.

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong."

"I did something bad a long time ago. Now my mistakes have caught up with me."

"I'll go with you!" Lyla suggested with a smile. Jorah shook his head.

"No. You must stay here in Meereen with the queen. You'll be much safer here." Jorah expected her to argue more, but to his surprise she just nodded her head, silent tears falling. "Goodbye, Lyla. I hope to see you again."

And with that, he rode off, leaving Lyla feeling more alone than ever.