6

Lyla walked down the ship. Night had fallen, and she took a deep breath as she began climbing over the side of the boat.

She fell over the side and let herself change into the scaled, winged dragon she both loved and hated to be. She was around the size of a horse, and let herself drift across the water with ease.

Her transparent wings exposed the stars and moon above her, and her silver underbelly and horns clashed beautifully with her purple scales that in the right light were every color of the rainbow.

She didn't know much currently. Lyla didn't remember exactly who she was,  but she did remember what she was. The waves crashed as she drove under the surface of the water, rising with a large fish in her jaws. A low flame grew in her mouth as the fish cooked in her grip, and she ate it greedily.

Lyla wasn't sure when she had last eaten, but she could make a good guess from the way her stomach ached as she ate that it had been a while. The air felt amazing on her scales, the cold humidity giving her movements a smooth grave to them.

After she flew for a couple hours, Lyla landed back on the wooden deck of the ship, changing back to her seven year old self. She giggled gleefully.

"Lyla." The dragon queen's voice spoke from behind her. Dread filled her gut, and she turned around to face Daenerys and Jorah.

"I felt too hot below the deck. I came up here for fresh air." She lied as quickly as she could.

"Ser Jorah saw you. You're a shape changer." Daenerys glared down at the girl.

"I'm not! I'm telling... The..." Words froze in her throat, and she bolted, but her little self could only get so far before she was grabbed by the wrist and held in place. "I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" She cried, cowering away from Jorah. Daenerys walked up to her slowly.

"Who are you? Who are you really?" She demanded.

"I don't know! I'm being honest!" Lyla sighed as Jorah let go of her wrist.

"I think I know who you are. You were sent by one of the warlocks of Qarth." Daenerys accused.

"I don't know where that is!" Lyla huffed, storming away, pouting. She pulled her knees up to her head, sitting against the side of boat.

Hot, angry tears trickled down her cheeks, and she turned away from the footsteps that walked up to her.

"Lyla?" Daenerys asked her voice quieter than before.

"Uh, uh." Lyla shook her head, scooting away from the queen.

"I was startled. I didn't mean what I said. I apologize."

"You were being a cunt..." She mumbled. Daenerys was surprised by the girl's language, but did her best to keep her composure.

"Why do you say words like that?"

"One day I heard Theon say it and everyone laughed. So I then said it, and everyone was surprised. I like surprising people." Lyla finally looked up at Daenerys.

"You're very good at it." Daenerys smiled at the little girl. "Ser Jorah tells me you are from Westeros. What's it like?"

"From what I remember, it's cold. There's wolves in the woods, and sometimes wildlings come and and steal the little girls. They drink blood from horns, and lay with the Others!"

"The Others aren't real." Jorah chuckled.

"Yes they are! I saw one once."

"What are the Others?" Daenerys asked.

"They're evil monsters who kidnap babies, and ride spiders the size of horses! My brother went to the Wall, he said he'd tell me all about the Others."

"You can't believe everything you hear from old wives and their tales." Jorah shook his head. The sun was beginning to peek out over the waters.

"If I shouldn't believe them then why do they tell them?" The more Lyla talked, the more the words feel out of her mouth naturally, after all, she had known these things all her life.

"They just want to scare you away from going into the woods and such."

"Why would they think that? I went into the woods all the time."