16

Lyla crashed onto the land of Dragonstone, breathing heavily. She was worn, physically and mentally. Her chest and wings were sore, and her shoulder was still bleeding some. She looked over at Daenerys who had landed Drogon in front of a man in a black cloak. She watched Drogon greet the man. Daenerys dismounted her dragon, running over to Lyla.

"You're okay. You're safe now." Daenerys said, looking over her wound which had been covered in dried blood.

Dothraki walked up to them, keeping slight distance from Lyla.

"My queen," One spoke in the Dothraki tongue. "This man claims to be your friend." The Dothraki stepped aside, revealing Jorah standing there. Daenerys confirmed that he was her friend, walking up to him with a smile.

Lyla ran over to Jorah, ignoring the pain from her wound, practically trampling the man.

"Lyla, Lyla." He said with a chuckle as the child in the body of a dragon nudged him affectionately with her nose. She changed back to her child self, pushing past the discomfort of being herself after so long. She jumped up, tackling him in a hug.

She wanted to speak, but she had no words. The man from earlier walked up, but Lyla didn't look at him yet. She was too busy reuniting with her friend.

"Lyla? Is that you?" A familiar voice spoke from behind her. Lyla let go of Jorah, turning around confused.

"Jon?" She couldn't believe her eyes. Her voice was scratchy and tough. It seemed like her world was returning to her after so long. "Jon!"

"You've gotten so big..." He said quietly, welcoming the girl with open arms. She hugged him as tightly as she could.

"Who are you?" Jorah asked Jon as they pulled apart.

"Jon Snow. I'm Lyla's half brother." Jon looked over Jorah. "How does Lyla know you?"

"I met her on the way to Astapor. Traveled with her for a few years."

"Astapor? What in seven hells were you doing in Astapor?" Jon looked down at Lyla, who giggled like she used to.

"It's a strange, long story." She ran a hand through her long, tangled hair.

---

Lyla walked into council room in the castle of Dragonstone, hearing a conversation about the Others.

"Cersei thinks the Others are nothing more than a story. Made up by wet nurses to frighten children." Tyrion said. "What if we prove her wrong?"

"I don't think Cersei will come see the dead at my invitation." Jon chuckled.

"So bring the dead to her. We don't have to bring the whole army, only one wight."

"So how do you plan to get this wight?" Lyla spoke up.

"I could go and take one." Jorah volunteered.

"The free folk will help." Jon agreed. "I can go and lead them."

"That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard." Lyla commented. "Why would you send two of the most important people in your service to do such an important and dangerous task?"

"Who is she?" Tyrion asked, but was ignored.

"If we sit around and do nothing, then what good are we?" Jorah asked her.

"It's a month ride from King's Landing to Winterfell. Longer from Dragonstone to beyond the wall. You could instead use that time to gather forces and support to take King's Landing." Lyla pointed out.

"It's not that she can't take King's Landing, we just need to deal with the army of the dead first." Jon said.

"If you can take most likely six months to go beyond the wall, capture a wight, and return, then why is there such a rush for you to gather defenses? Why not just evacuate the cities in the north and take them to the Riverlands?" Lyla suggested. She remembered listening to Cersei talk when she visited her on the beach. And gods could that woman talk.

"It would take a big threat to get the northerners to abandon their homes." Jon pointed out.

"Oh damn, too bad we don't have a big threat!" Lyla retorted sarcastically.

"Who is she?" Tyrion asked again.

"We need the support of Cersei right now." Jon insisted.

"She won't listen. I know Cersei better than any of you, except Tyrion. And even if she does agree, she won't follow through with anything she promises. As far as she's concerned, she's perfectly safe in her big red castle."

"The Freys are extinct. Their lands are ours for the taking. We have Highgarden and Casterly Rock, Storm's End is not ruled, the Vale is in support of the north. The Iron Islands are not needed, the real battle against the dead will be on land, and Dorne is too far south and too proud to think they need any involvement." Lyla rambled on, repeating information she heard from Cersei.

"Why do you care about the war?" Jon asked, surprised that his sister wanted anything to do with it.

"Because I believe the Others are real. I believe you. I also want to slit that cunt Cersei's throat. We can win this war, it's just a matter of how." Lyla swallowed the anger that rose at the mention of Cersei.

"Why do you say we?" Tyrion asked, still not knowing who she was. "You're no more than twelve, what could you possibly do to aid us?"

"I've been beside Daenerys longer than you, Tyrion." Lyla hissed. Tyrion held his hands up in defense. "And besides, I'm actually really useful."

"Alright, alright. Just tell us what you think we should do."

Hello again! Long chapter here, but I had a lot of trouble writing it. I hope it turned out okay.