7

The ships sailed into the docks of Astapor soon after, and she was lead out with Daenerys and Jorah as they looked at the Unsullied soldiers. Lyla listened half heartedly, mainly watching the Unsullied stand motionless.

Her eyes watched as the slave owner walked up to one of the soldiers, and cut back his armor. He took a dagger, painfully slicing off their nipple, but the soldier showed no signs of pain, or even discomfort.

Lyla walked up to the bleeding man as the adults continued to talk.

"Are you okay?" She whispered. The man didn't even look at her. "You're bleeding."

"Hey!" The slave owner yelled in his low valyrian. "Back away, little bitch!" The language registered in Lyla's head, and she swung around to face the man, offended.

"Don't call me a bitch!" Lyla shot back. Jorah quickly pulled her away from the soldiers, shaking his head at her in a silent warning. Sighing, she looked to the ground angrily and complied.

The slave owner whispered something in the translators ear.

"My master requests that you keep the child quiet and under control." She stated in a uniform manner.

After a long, frustrating conversation, Lyla walked along the docks with the two adults, still angry. Lyla did a lot of watching. She always did, she watched her brothers grow to fight her sisters grow to sew. But her? She was almost as shunned as her bastard brother.

She looked at another little girl Daenerys was watching, as she rolled a little wooden ball to the queen. Daenerys smiled as the girl motioned to twist the ball open, but before she could, a hooded figure tackled her, knocking the ball out of her hands. Jorah began to fight the man, while Daenerys and Lyla watched the half of the ball slide off, revealing a manticore.

It unfurled its long stinger, it's legs and body making clicking noises as it stretched out, and then made its charge at Daenerys.

Just when it began to near Daenerys, a dagger was stabbed through its back, a horrible sticky blue goo trailing along as the man lifted the manticore. He threw aside it aside, raising his blade once more and chasing the little girl. She jumped over the side of the dock, and into the water that never moved.

"I owe you my life, Ser." Daenerys said as the man pulled off his hood.

"The honor is mine, my queen." The older man with greying short hair spoke. Jorah stepped forward, looking at the man.

"Do you know this man?" She asked him quietly.

"I know him. One of the greatest fighters the seven kingdoms has ever seen. And as the lord commander of Robert Baratheon's Kingsguard."

"I am Barriston Selmy, and I would like to join your Queensguard." Selmy knelt before the queen. Daenerys looked down at him for a good few seconds, before agreeing. "Thank you, my queen. I will serve you, as I did your brother and your father."

Daenerys turned around to take Lyla's hand and continue moving, but alas, she was nowhere to be found.