5

Lyla's POV:

I felt a heavy weight on my chest. Or maybe it was in my chest. It was hard to tell. I felt a foot push against my side, rolling me into my back. As they did, a coughing fit overcame me, water exited my lungs like a waterfall, and concerned voices reached my ears.

"Are you okay? Hello?" A woman's voice spoke. My senses came to, and I opened my eyes to find a woman, white hair cascading down her back and shoulders, and an older man with sandy short hair receding along his head.

"Where am I?" My timid voice croaked out as I sat up.

"You're on our ship. How old are you?" She asked.

"I don't know..." I mumbled, unable to find the answer in my jumbled mind.

"What's your name?" She tried.

"I... I don't know. I don't remember." I felt hot tears begin to spring in my eyes, and soon I was outright sobbing in front of these strange people.

Looking out over the vast sea, I was given a few moments to calm down from my hysterical state. As I watched the waves, images began to appear in my head.

A man, no older than seventeen years, standing in front of a torn wolf banner. I shook away these images, confused.

The older man approached where I sat on the boat, sitting down next to me.

"What's your name?" I asked him quietly. I didn't like to not know people's names.

"Ser Jorah Mormont." He paused.
"You have the accent of a Westeros northerner. Where are you from?"

"I don't know. All I can think of are wolf banners."

"Winterfell?" He suggested. I nodded slowly.

"That sounds familiar. I had a friend named Theon. But now whenever I think of Theon, I just think of everything burning." I clenched my eyes shut.

"How did you manage to get all the way into the middle of the ocean?"

"I just remember... Flying. Like a bird." A small smile spread on my face. "It was nice." A hand was placed on my back.

"We're heading to Astapor. You'll need to stay very close to us, these are not kind people." He explained. I looked up at him.

"Where do I go after this?"

"You could come with us. We are not strangers to traveling with women and children."

"I remember being told not to go with strangers." I said thoughtfully. "But then Theon would always say 'Do whatever the fuck you like just close the door!'. He was my best friend."

"And you still don't remember your name?"

"Lyla, I think..." I mumbled.

"Are you sure?"

"I think so. It sounds... Familiar."