𝐈𝐕. 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄𝐒

Afflicted Werewolves (Regular Werewolves)

Afflicted werewolves result from a werewolf biting a human on a full moon night. Regular werewolves can only turn into a werewolf during the nights, coinciding with the peak of the lunar cycle during their sleep. Despite having no control over and during their transformation, specific fragments of their personality and fears can be imbibed by the werewolf's influential minds. Aside from hunger, suppressed fears or aggression can drive them to kill in their beast form.

Pure Blood Werewolves (True Werewolves)

Werewolves that are closer to the up to the fourth generation are referred to as Pure-bloods

Werewolves that are closer to the up to the fourth generation are referred to as Pure-bloods. Their human side retains more control over their animal side, and they can remember what happens during their transformation. They can transform any time they want. Pure-bloods can also access their powers, such as enhanced strength and speed, while in human form.

Purebloods can also feed on just animal hearts, but if they get a taste of human hearts, it is harder to control themselves. They will be drawn to eating human hearts, the temptation escalating with each heart consumed. It is still difficult for them to eat animal hearts even if they can resist (one stated he had to force himself to swallow them). It is indicated that purebloods are both those bitten by a first, second, and third-generation werewolf and those who are offspring, as it has been shown werewolves can have children. One existed that was a fourth-generation werewolf.

Despite purebloods having control over themselves in their transformed state, being turned into one has been shown to have still a potentially detrimental effect on a person's mental state

References:

Werewolf | Supernatural Wiki | Fandom. https://supernatural.fandom.com/wiki/Werewolf

Lycans | BloodRayne & Mia, the Vampire Slayer Wiki | Fandom. https://bloodrayne-mia-the-vampire-slayer.fandom.com/wiki/Lycans