𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Like wild wolf packs, werewolves have a pack hierarchy to help maintain order. Werewolves naturally feel extreme loyalty to their pack and treat it like family.

Highest Ranking

1. Alpha (Pack Leader)

The Alphas are the wisest, strongest, highest-ranking wolf pack members as they hold absolute control over their pack members. This type is not usually bit by another but may be born as an Alpha passed on by a parent Alpha. They can form their pack and may either be male or female.

The Alphas are responsible for leading the pack on hunts, establishing pack territory and safety, accepting strangers into the pack or driving errant wolves out of the pack. They are also responsible for keeping the pack in order and control and will take many precautions to see that the pack is not disturbed. Each pack member is considered family but respect is still compulsory.

The Alpha wolves can also choose their most trusted companions to become their Betas. Alphas demand respect and are in the position to punish or banish those who do not show it. The pack can not disobey an alpha's command without consequences.

Though it is rare, the Alpha position can be challenged. When the challenger wins the fight, the challenger, becoming the new Alpha, can do whatever they please with the previous leaders; this does not usually happen because it would result in a huge change within the pack.

Alpha female: Luna

Alpha Abilities:

1. Alpha Bite - An alpha bite can either turn its subject into a beta or kill them intentionally.

2. Alpha Call - An alpha's howl can congregate its loyal pack of betas and omegas.

3. Physical Dominance - An alpha is typically larger than all others in the pack when in wolf form. As humans, size may not play a factor. Although strength plays a part, their endurance sets them apart from all other werewolves, beta or omega. Alphas last much longer and have superior control in mind, agility, and shapeshifting.

4. Secrecy - An alpha cannot be tracked. You could never coincidentally run into an alpha. It will only reveal itself if it wants to. It is superior in stealth.

2. Beta (Right Hand Man)

An Alpha's bite or scratch creates betas if the Alpha intends or desires it. Betas are submissive to the Alpha. In some cases, they may serve as enslaved people, but others may be second-in-command. At some point, they may even be able to vie for the position of Alpha if the master is declining. Depending on the circumstance, Betas could be a formidable foe to an alpha, but usually, they are boon companions of the Alphas.