▒Chapter Ten▒

▒Chapter Ten▒

"I'm so happy you didn't run away screaming bloody murder like the others. I'm honestly so thankful for that. Rejection isn't fun" he chuckled lightly but I could sense an underlying honesty coated with sorrow to his words.

"I'm just in awe. I mean, you're a...ghost." Immediately after I say this I notice his endearingly goofy smile fade ever so faintly.

"You have been the first person in fifteen years to have a conversation with me and you're the first person to actually talk to me in a civil manner in about seventy" he comments in a nonchalant manner, attempting to make the atmosphere comfortable again.

"Wh-what? How...old are you?" I inquire, subconsciously biting my bottom lip, pulling it into my mouth.

His eyes flit down to my mouth before he looks away somewhat bashful. He soon starts shaking his head and laughing. I automatically find myself smiling slightly at the view of chestnutt curls wavering about in a dishevelled manner. Admittedly, I find the scene adorably cute.

"Deja vu" he comments. "I'm still the same age I had told you last time" he smiles cheekily at my confusion.

"What?" I lean my head back resting it on the dampened wood, welcomed by the coldness of the room that I somehow managed to forget about.

"Eighty-eight. Eighty-nine in January" he smiles cooly, leaning back against the moist panelling mirroring my smaller frame. He crosses his arms acorss his chest, emphasising the prominant muscles in his arms. I literally have to divert my greedy gaze away.

He was a pretty man.

"Oh" is the only syllable that finds its way past my lips.

"How are you...like...why are you so-"

"Devishly handsome?" He smirks and I find myself scoffing.

"Look at me I'm ghost-boy Harry! I've got nice arms and I can transport at the blink of an eye or something! All the girlies want me! Smirk, smirk smirk!" I sarcastically bellow with a smile.

The room fills with his easy-on-the-ears laugh, resulting in his eyes squinting shut unwillingly, painting innocent little creases by the outter corner of his eyes.

For a moment he portrays a simple boy, not a faded spirit.

"I didn't have you pinned at sarcastic" He raises his eyebrow to a point, smile still evidentially lingering on his lips.

"I didn't have you pinned as slightly egotistical" I shoot back, basking in the excitment of the playful conversation.

"But then again I didn't pin myself as being someone who would waste her time talking to ghost" I cheekily remark with a smug smile much similar to his.

Warmth radiates from his smile, contrasting to the icy microclimate in the room.

"I wanna know more about you" I state, not noticing I said it out loud. My eyes widen slightly causing his smile to magnify considerably.

"What do you want to know?" He asks, his voice lazily dripping over each syllable, the words tumbling from his mouth excruciatingly slow and deep.

"Why exactly are you a ghost?" My voice is confident this time and I am generally consumed by my own selfish interest in the compelling Harry.

"Because I died" his voice dry, completely contradicting the ever-present smile on his face.

"I'm no specialist in the supernatural but there has to be a particular reason as to why you haven't...crossed over or moved over or something"