▒Chapter Eleven▒

▒Chapter Eleven▒

"Twirl" My Grandmother orders whilst making a spinning motion with her index finger.

She observed the dress intently, skillful eyes scanning over the material, inspecting it for any minor flaw. My Grandmother is insanely picky when it comes to buying clothes, actually she's annoyingly fussy when it comes to purchasing any item to be honest.

She grew up making her own clothes, sowing her own party frocks and knitting her own winter wear and so she won't stand for poor quality store-bought clothing. Sadly she grew up with a lack of a maternal figure in her life and so had to undertake learning these valuble skills for herself. 

I am so greatful I have my grandmother.

I spin slowly in the dress, my chest feeling immensely pressured from the tight bodice.

This dress is bright lemon yellow in colour, tight in the front and much to loose in the back. The hemline  is scalloped and oddly reaches the middle of my lower leg, creating the illusion I'm much shorter than I truly am. The mounds of material bunch up along my arms, and ruffle strangley near my shoulders resulting in my looking like the Hunch-Back of Notre Dame.

Notre Dame I look hideous.

The shop assistant lady, Beatrice, insisted that I try it on because it would, 'look absolutely darling against my dark hair'.

Bullshit Beatrice.

The dress was on sale and had a slight tear beside the zipper, something that caught my grandmothers skilled eye instantly. I couldn't help notice how sly Beatrice made a darting beeline for the door just when my Grandmother began yapping on about the cheap material responsible for the imperfection. One of the many imperfections if you include how ghastly dredful the dress is.

"This is a hideous dress" My grandmother states honestly and I nod along agreeing with her staring down repulsed by the amount of pearls on the gaudy material. It looks like a clam projectile vomited all of it's pearls on the gown.

"It's too tight and iches in strange places" I whine childishly earning a laugh from my grandmother. The tight bodice inches immensely and for some unfortunate reason it made my boobs look dangerously pointy. One boob up, one boob down.

"Take it off dear, I'll go find that Beatrice bitch" My grandmoter ambles hurriedly out of the changing room as I laugh guiltily.

Perhaps we were slightly harsh on Beatrice but the dress was truly insulting and it was clear she was just trying to get rid of it as soon as possible. I couldn't blame her, if I had such an ugly item of clothing in my store, I'd want it gone as soon as possible.

Heck, I would pay my costumers to take the thing and run.

Shortly, my grandmother returns with a cherry red strapless dress in hand, I smile instantly at the sight. The shade was beautiful and I knew it would compliment my skin tone well. 

Uttering a brief, "thanks" I take the dress and slip it on delicately, not wanting to irritate the velvety material. I grin happily at the reflection. The dress almost looks like it's covered by numerous rose petals, sewn on intricately. It reminds me of outside in a garden and I feel so ladylike and elegant.

I pull back the azure velvet curtain and my grandmother cheers with a smile.

"That's the one! Oh honey, that's the one! You look absolutely breathtaking and good gracious look at that ass! If I had an ass like that when I was your age I might have actually landed Marlon Brando himself!" Who?

"You look like the spit of your mother" she sighs with a nostalgic smile before shaking her head and looking at me once again.

"Leo will keel over on his ass when he sees you in that dress. You look so beautiful" she sighs for what seems like the hundredths time.