▒Chapter Twelve▒

▒Chapter Twelve▒

I walk in the room, awkwardly tugging my sweater sleeve down as I scan the room for the presence of a peculiar ghost.

I feel the intriguing cold draft of air circle around me, gentle yet fast.

Instead of flowling in a constant stream it swarms around my body like a nest of distubed bees. It blankets over my skin and I actually feel a sense of warmth despite the bitterness of the cool chill.

"Harry?"

I waddle to the centre of the space, greeted methodically by the ever-present dark feeling that seems to self-inject into my bloodstream. There was something disturbed and haunting about that area in particular.

"Harry, I know you're here. I can...feel you or something"

I release a frustrated sigh after the disappointing silence, "If you're going to ignore me for no reason then I'm going back to painting my walls" I huff as I gravitate towards the hatch again.

"No reason" I hear a soft mumble from behind my back causing me to turn abruptly.

Instantly, I'm welcomed by a pair of enchanting pale green eyes that effortlessly compete with my simplistic ones.

"Harry." I breathe, overwhelmed by his beautiful presence.

It seems that any time I come face to face with him the wind seems to be knocked out of me. I can't quite locate if it's the fact that he's a perpetual frozen being or if it has something to do with his dashing good looks.

"Hi" I greet, edging my way slowly towards him.

He stands upright and tauntingly tall, his hands placed neatly and almost innocently behind the broad expanse of his back.

"Hi" he greets in a more relaxed tone.

"You seem a little...sad? Are you okay?" I ask, moving close enough to him so I can observe his features in full definition.

The burning glow of the sunset filters with it's illuminating light through the thin layer of glass in the window.

It radiates a burnt amber hue on the left side of his pale face, the light catching in his left eye similarly. It drafts hollows the features of his face, casting shady shadows under his eyes, down the side of his nose and below the plush flesh of his bottom lip.

He really was a handsome ghost.

"I'm fine" he mused nonchalantly, disconnecting our gazing battle followed by him comfortable sitting against the panelled wall.

Releasing a sigh, I cautiously make my way towards him.

I feel on edge around him today and I have no consolation as to why.

"I'm going to a dance." I awkwardly begin,"I don't usually go to them but ugh...Leo insisted."

"Who's Leo?" He asks, quiet as per usual.

He typically fumbles with his fingers and I find myself frowning at the habit.

"My boyfriend. Well, he's... yeah. Right now he's my boyfriend" I state, completely unsure how to begin to explain the menacing relationship.

"You didn't mention you had a male suitor" he states and I somehow manage to sustain my laughter at the words, 'male suitor.'

"Well we haven't exactly participated in a real conversation" I state causing him to snort and cross his arms over like an unamused child.

"Enlighten me as to what a real conversation is then" he sarcastically remarks and I roll my eyes at his attitude.

"If you're going to be rude then I'm leaving" I huff as I begin to push myself up off the cold hardwood.