Cliche 2//. Names

okay so let me just say that it's okay to name a character a weird name under certain circumstances and depending on what the name is, but if you name a character "Shithead" or "Hjhjhfgdyfduihghojhkjhfutd," you need some serious help and i'm slightly concerned for your well being 😀

"I sprinted through the school and quietly slid into my classroom, where the class and the teacher, Ms Williams, turned to look at me. 'Hjhjhfgdyfduihghojhkjhfutd, you're late.' She stated."

also- I run into a lot of people who just like to theme their characters' names and it's gotten kinda out of hand at this point.

"hi, my name is Rose Violet Tulip and this is my story. it all started when my sister, Orchid Lily Oaks-"

deep breaths, sal
okay
there's a lot to unpack here

my best advice is to look up some names on the internet. you can search for names particular to different cultures, countries, etc., there's even books here on wattpad full of first names and surnames that you can look through, those are pretty handy honestly. i've used them a few times before.

i think that its fairly important that you don't use the most basic names out there, for example, anna smith. it's incredibly generic and often doesn't stick too well in the long run. let's say that im reading a book and all the characters have very basic names. it's going to get progressively harder to remember who's who.

if the names are more creative, your readers are more likely to remember the character and what their significance is to the story.

there's also names that are overused, which will be talked about in the next chapter because i don't wanna bore you guys with too much at a time lmaooo