Chapter Two Hundred And One - ...Then No One Can

Sitting at his desk while glancing through the accounts, Dominic yawned, stretching his jaw to the extreme as he expressed his tiredness. His lips altered into a smile. It had so been worth the price he was paying though.

Since the public announcement of their engagement, there had naturally been blessings and well wishes as well as scorn and messages of hatred.  These latter were a mixed group, many were Destiny's loyal fans, who felt that he had smeared the reputation of their Goddess by not only daring to divorce her, but by 'replacing' her in the next breath.  How could that boy be anywhere near the level of their Goddess?  Did this man not have eyes?

Dominic let them have their say as there would always be those that spewed hate.  If they truly knew the woman behind the facade of an actress they worshipped, it was unlikely they would remain so loyal.  However, Dominic had given all he wished to give to maintain that facade, he no longer cared what she did nor what her fans had to say.

He placed his Great Grandfather in the same circle as those unpleasant fans.

"When are you going to introduce me to your new fiancé's parents?" The old man called him from out the blue.  He hadn't known at that point that the pressure placed on Artem's shoulders to fire him had been rescinded.  Too interested in getting acquainted with one of Kyan's fathers, more specifically, the genius of this age known as Orion.  Orion, the man who created the Orion system, a program that most cooperations now used as it was highly efficient and organised streamlining many favoured programs into one package.  Orion, who the military were known to contact regularly due to his improvements upon security devices such as the building barriers law enforcement used to capture criminals and which were also used by construction companies to stop flying debris from escaping building sites.  Orion who was believed to have set his husband's security guards up with innovative personal barriers that other companies couldn't emulated as the technology was too compact to be reproduced by others.

"I'm sorry, did you not disown me?" He had drawled as he toyed with a strange round paperweight that he had discovered on his desk.

"I never removed you from the family register," the old man had replied, sourly. But he was not one to admit to his mistakes, indeed, he did not think he had made any mistakes at all. He did not agree to Dominic divorcing Destiny and reducing their ties and business between the families, however seeing as the opportunity to speak to the generally elusive inventor and entrepreneur had presented itself...

"Oh, look at the time," Dominic had decided not to get into in depth conversations with the Monticello Patriarch. "I need to leave for the office now, don't want to be late. It leaves a bad impression, you know." His great grandfather had turned red with unbridled rage as Dominic ended the call abruptly. Unbeknownst to Dominic, he called for his driver to reader the intergalactic transport vehicle, planning on hopping several systems over to speak to his wayward great grandson in person.

Had he known, Dominic wouldn't have the chance to worry about it. He had so much more serious issues to deal with no long after he signed off the accounts as complete.

"What are you doing here, Destiny," he asked with a heavy sigh as the woman donned in a nondescript coat and wearing face-altering sunglasses upon her face stepped into his room. He had been with her for a long time, she might be able to use the high-tech holographic technology to fool others, but he was well aware of her gestures and mannerisms. For instance, at this moment, she appeared to be of middle aged and plain of face, but she carried herself into his office as if she was the Empress.