Part 3

Kill

It was getting late, and I hadn't found out a whole lot from my research into the group, and it's members. I usually uncover users true identities within a couple of days, but these were so mysterious, even the public didn't know them. I needed to at least discover something, so I contacted the users, most said they couldn't give out information until one user replied. "I'll tell you everything if you do me a favour.", I thought this was a good deal until it took a dark turn. "You must kill this person, in return, I'll give you all the information you need.", Wait, I have to kill for the information literately!? I didn't know what to say, I'm not a murderer, and I'd never do such a thing, no matter what they offered. But I needed the information, and I was between going against my morals and gathering that information, or denying the offer and gaining nothing. 

Choices

Just then the user replied with a name, address and postcode, and after a quick look, I recognised the location, it was my best friends house! These sick fucks wanted me to kill my only best friend, the only person who stuck by me, no matter how bad things got. It was like somebody telling you to kill a pet; you cannot bring yourself to do such acts. The worst part is I can't say to the police about this as the police don't even know who these people are; also I would be technically breaking the law contacting users of the dark web. I was in a bad situation, murder my only best friend in return for information, or don't go through with it and gain nothing. I admit, they had me on edge at this point, I was in such a state that I needed to rest, and so I did just that.

Next Day

The next day, I woke up refreshed and ready for further investigation. I went out to buy groceries from my local market, it was small, but it sold everything I needed. That's when my phone pinged; it was a message from them, it read "Your current position is" then a bunch of coordinates. I typed it into Google Maps, thinking this was a scare tactic, and to my surprise, they were the exact coordinates! How'd they known where I was, more importantly, how'd they get my location? I'm always sure to use an app I developed myself to hide my site. It works by connecting to a virtual server which is located in random places and overwrites your phones IP address, tricking it into thinking you are somewhere random allowing the user to connect to anywhere in the world. They somehow managed to break the code and gain access into my real location, and something hackers have usually never done before. But this was only the beginning, who knows what they have planned? Only time will tell.