Part 4

Invite

I just woke up to a new day, the week went by fast, and I felt refreshed after a cold shower. I checked the laptop to see if there had been any updates. Just then, a message popped up, "I'm looking forward to it." it read.

Are they looking forward to what? This message left me questioning everything, what their next move was, and what this was all about. I tried asking them in the chat, but they just replied with "That I cannot tell you.". I had to find something out, only a small detail of what is happening. *Ping* New message! I opened up the chat, and to my surprise, they agreed to meet at an abandoned warehouse. I knew exactly where this place was; it was only round the back of my local mall and had been there since it was first left to deteriorate. But I was hesitant to go, for all I know it could be a lure, and could be dangerous. Who knows what these people are capable of doing.

The warehouse

I spent the day formulating a plot, sneaking into the warehouse undetected, as well as gathering intel on these people. If I could gather enough intel, I can finally expose these people for who they are. I was ready; bags packed and prepared to crash the party. I grabbed everything I needed and drove over to the abandoned warehouse, making sure not to be spotted by the users who were meeting up, as I drove up around the rear end, turning off the engine. From here, I made my way to the roof, swiftly planting a small device enabling me to listen in on their meeting. The plan was going perfectly, a bit too perfect to put it bluntly, as I felt someone knock me on the head with a baseball bat.

DON'T TELL!

I woke up in a dark room, to find myself bound and tied to a chair. I tried to struggle free but to no avail. That's when I heard the door open, it was two men in masks, walking up to me and looking me in the eye. I made eye contact back as they stared me down for a good five minutes. Then they spoke, "We are aware you tried to expose us, is that right?" I couldn't lie and say I wasn't there at that time, they'd see behind that. "Yes, I was there.", I replied, "Well young man, I hope this doesn't happen again; otherwise we will have to take drastic measures.", "I promise" I spoke in a stuttering tone. They untied me from the rope keeping me in the chair and let me go, but only as long as I promise not to tell what happened.