An Unfamiliar Face

Hello! Here is yet another Newtina drabble (specifically a pentadrabble) for your literary consumption. Enjoy!

3rd POV

His eyes were wide and her name gently escaped from his lips. How could he be here, in Paris? Of all the people Tina thought she might run into, Newt Scamander was certainly not one of them. Yet there he was, shifting weight from one side of his body to the other as he stared unabashedly at Tina Goldstein. Tina, whose face he had not seen since cutting her picture out of the paper seven months ago. The one he had left at the docks in New York with nothing more than a simple promise of returning—a promise that was never fulfilled. All this and more rushed through Newt's mind as he locked eyes with the one and only Tina.

Tina, on the other hand, didn't know what she felt. Her mind was racing as well—there was no doubt about that—yet there was a great deal of confusion regarding the matter. Tina felt disoriented, like she was Disapparating with no where to go. Being with Newt in New York hadn't caused her to feel this way. Then again, he hadn't been engaged to his childhood sweetheart at the time (at least not to Tina's knowledge). Things had changed since the two had last met, although not necessarily for the best.

Seconds flew by as Tina forced herself to focus on Newt. He was standing across from her in a Parisian sewer, this much she knew to be true. Whatever had brought him there didn't matter at the moment. After all, Tina was on a mission to find Credence and no one, not even a certain whimsically handsome Mr. Scamander, was going to get in the way of that. Except...

There was something else that caught Tina by surprise. Besides the fact that Newt was in Paris, the degree of his delight upon seeing her intrigued Tina. One would expect an engaged man to be polite but reserved, would they not? Newt seemed more than happy to lay eyes on her, like he'd come all that way just to find her. He couldn't get enough of Tina, it seemed, and she wasn't quite sure what to do about that.

Despite conflicting thoughts and feelings, Tina vowed to commit Newt's voice to her memory, the simple utterance of her name having occurred mere seconds ago. In the time that it had taken Newt to speak, Tina had woken up to find him standing in front of her. It was the most improbable scenario if ever there was one. While the circumstances weren't exactly ideal, Tina was glad to see Newt. Meeting him in New York was enough to establish a connection that only flourished through the letters they wrote to each other several months ago. It was almost instinctual to reply with the name that had been on Tina's mind for so long, her voice breathless and earnest; completely sincere. "Newt."